Yearly Flyers Poll (Should they stay or should they go) - As done by Charlie O'Connor - The Athletic

pilldoc

Poll Questions PT 4  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Flyers trade Kevin Hayes this summer?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Flyers trade Ivan Provorov this summer?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should the Flyers trade Travis Konecny this summer?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should the Flyers trade Carter Hart this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Title says it all .....pros and cons for trading away the named players.

Thoughts on the four players popping up most often in trade rumors/speculation across all social media platforms.

Way too early to give up on Hart, he hasn’t even hit his prime yet.

It took them forever to find a goalie, now they have a solid one that has been able to play well behind a pile of garbage. 

They had Bob and let him get away. I don’t want to see lighting strike twice.

I agree with @CoachX here.

However I voted to trade them all.

If the return is right, bye bye. 

I really like how TK played last season and during his breakout season in 19/20.  

TK would bring the best return in a trade. The Flyers would be selling high on him.

I think Provorov would maybe bring a late 1st round pick and POW for the middle or bottom 6.

Moving Hayes is doing him a solid. He's not in the plans so get him somewhere he can play. Retain some money maybe ask for a 5th round pick 

I only move Hart if the return feels like stealing.

I dont' feel like fire sale is the way to go this year. So I don't think trading everyone is wise.

I would trade any of them though provided the return was right.

Last year would have been a better fire sale year, because of how strong this draft class is.

• Like 3

Im not suggesting that Provy will ever rise to the level of HOF type of player, but a lot of great defensemen struggled in the early parts of their careers. I remember that being the case for Pronger and Chara. Provy seems like the kind of guy who could play well into his late 30's. If they move him so be it. I just think he has a lot of really good hockey left in him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Im not suggesting that Provy will ever rise to the level of HOF type of player, but a lot of great defensemen struggled in the early parts of their careers. I remember that being the case for Pronger and Chara. Provy seems like the kind of guy who could play well into his late 30's. If they move him so be it. I just think he has a lot of really good hockey left in him

We can disagree on how we view the player. 

Provorov will be able to play at this level for many years and be a good NHL player.

The Flyers need a top dog.

I don't think Provorov has another gear. If he does I don't think it will be revealed playing for the Flyers.

I don't think he's particularly coachable, I do think he's talented and tough and has a lot of admirable qualities.

But, he's not a top dog and while he's been a Flyer, he's been the top dog. 

I don't think Ivan will accept a demotion well.

I don't ever see him running a top powerplay unit. I don't see him controlling the game when he's on the ice. He is a high end second pair player or a solid #2 defenseman. He is not showing Makar/Heiskanen/Hedman/McAvoy ability to me. Those guys control the play when they are on the ice.
They are true #1 defensemen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

We can disagree on how we view the player. 

Provorov will be able to play at this level for many years and be a good NHL player.

The Flyers need a top dog.

I don't think Provorov has another gear. If he does I don't think it will be revealed playing for the Flyers.

I don't think he's particularly coachable, I do think he's talented and tough and has a lot of admirable qualities.

But, he's not a top dog and while he's been a Flyer, he's been the top dog. 

I don't think Ivan will accept a demotion well.

I don't ever see him running a top powerplay unit. I don't see him controlling the game when he's on the ice. He is a high end second pair player or a solid #2 defenseman. He is not showing Makar/Heiskanen/Hedman/McAvoy ability to me. Those guys control the play when they are on the ice.
They are true #1 defensemen.

Specifically to the bolded statement, YES. We do. But I want to state I'm not discussing what I think he can be, cause IDFK. 😀

I really don't think its comfortably accurate to judge what a player is that has been playing on this train wreck of a team. When Provy was drafted, this forum was elated and he was considered a "home grown" number one. He showed how good he was playing with Niskanen. Then the wheels came off and its been non-stop negativity about him in here. Maybe he can't be a "top dog", or run a top PP unit. But that's based on what he has done with what is here. How many times has this team shipped off a player becasue he hasn't panned out, just to see him flourish somewhere else? Your comments about being coachable or accepting his role, is speculation based on what information is given. But we all know how bad the coaching and on ice product is. Philly fans want all their players to be stars on the ice, and true role model hero types off. If a player says something that doesn't fit our narrative, we roast the guy. But none of us know what is going on in that locker room. Just look at how often there is a, "he's good in the room" comment. This is usually applied to non controversial players who arent producing squat in games (see Scott Laughton). Personally, other than Hayes, JVR, TDA and Atkinson, I don't know how good, or bad, any of these guys can be, becasue this team sucks soo bad.

I hope they keep the guy. There's alot I like about him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

How many times has this team shipped off a player becasue he hasn't panned out, just to see him flourish somewhere else?

-too many,  You're right.

I'm willing to accept it in this current scenario because as a good player he can be used to build the next core. 

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

He showed how good he was playing with Niskanen. Then the wheels came off and its been non-stop negativity about him in here. Maybe he can't be a "top dog", or run a top PP unit. But that's based on what he has done with what is here

There hasn't been a player to mentor him since Niskanen left. Woulda Coulda Shoulda, amirite? 

In the seasons since Niskanen retired, Provorov's play has dropped off and plateaued-no bounce back, the growth we saw stopped.

That tells me he's not the guy. 

I saw improvement from Ristolainen this season. He played better as the season went along. Provorov played the same the whole year. It's clear the coaches respect him but I don't think he fits their plans.

If he gets on a team with better players and blossoms...oh well, we've seen that before. If a deal comes along where it can help the team, see ya later Ivan.

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Philly fans want all their players to be stars on the ice, and true role model hero types off. If a player says something that doesn't fit our narrative, we roast the guy.

This is our society in writ large now. That's a discussion over beers. and as far as we'll get on the hockey site. 

I wanted him to be Duncan Keith, I gave him time to grow into that kind of player, he hasn't. It's okay, he's still good at hockey and if a trade partner cannot be found it could be worse.

I have zero attachment to him, I will be bummed to move on from Konecny.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If the return is right, bye bye. 

I'm like this all the time.

Am I trying to move Konecny? Not particularly. If someone wants to blow my doors off, great.

Moving Hayes is doing him a solid. He's not in the plans so get him somewhere he can play.

So, not on ice, then?

Last year would have been a better fire sale year, because of how strong this draft class is.

Last year was a "go for it!" year - obviously. Throw away some picks on a guy to replace the guy you threw away picks to get rid of and extend a guy who had 35 points five years ago for eight years.

Definitely a playoff team.

Anything can happen.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool: