Flyers Report Card - Coaches / Front Office (What would you give them?)

pilldoc

Flyers Report Card - Coaches / Front Office (What would you give them?)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. The Coaching Staff (specifically Torts)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. The Front Office (do I really need to list the grades?) - for those so inclined I did add "D" but realistically no one will give A-C grades

• D
    • F

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I never said there was “smoking gun” evidence only that how Briere spoke about the advisors signals that major changes in management may be on the way. No more no less. A week later Dave Scott resigned. Then the story about how the senior advisors weren’t consulted…signals my friend, that’s all. 

You guys are right it may all fizzle into nothing and the new president of ops may turn out to be just another good ol’ boy, approved by Clarke, Holmgren etc. But in the history of Flyers GM changes this is the first time that I can recall the subject (of the SVPs’ role) even coming up. It’s certainly the first time a new GM gave even a hint of anything less than full-throated support…. for their legendary success in building championship teams.

We're all hoping...it's just a lot of us have lost faith, especially when it's yet another ex-Flyer looking at more ex-Flyers. 

If it quacks like a duck....

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

RE: the Bobby Buddies® / GOB Network.

If Paul Holmgren rides again as the HOPO, I'll buy the kerosene and we'll meet at the Wawa on Lakeview and we can burn the Skate Zone to nothingness. 

But, I won't view Rejean Shero in that light, I won't view Scott Mellanby in that light either.

I don't think they are the "same old same old".

On 4/27/2023 at 5:39 PM, flyercanuck said:

We're all hoping...it's just a lot of us have lost faith, especially when it's yet another ex-Flyer looking at more ex-Flyers. 

Sure - totally understandable. God knows why I still have "faith" - if that's what it is. I just have to believe the Flyers will finally "get it," that they'll build a team beginning with the draft, with younger guys who can skate, adding, subtracting .... you know the drill... until they're champs again.

At least now we got a guy saying the right words. It's a first step and if it's "just words" at least they're the right ones! Maybe Scott's resignation, maybe the story about the SVPs left out of the decision-making, maybe they're only coincidences. Maybe not...?

On 4/27/2023 at 5:39 PM, flyercanuck said:

If it quacks like a duck....

I guess that's my point. To me it was remarkable how he didn't "quack like a duck," how different he sounded compared to what we've come to expect from Flyers' GMs.

42 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sure - totally understandable. God knows why I still have "faith" - if that's what it is. 

Because you are a true fan of the team. Like many of us. We are loyal, and even though I bytch and moan, I love the Flyers and thank them for all these years of great hockey. They will be good again. It's just a question of when. I just don't know if by the time it happens, will they be able to get me to feel the same passion I used to have

The Flyers were born in the fall of '67. I was born in the fall of '67. We are kindred spirits

:flyer:

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1