Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So what would you want for TK from the Wings if this were true??

If TK is in play and Detroit a potential suitor, the Detroit's 1st RD (17th overall from the NY Isles) should be in the mix along with one of their 2nd Rd's this year.  That would give the Flyers #7 / #17 / #22 in this years draft.

As far as a player coming back it would be one of these 2 .... (Seider (D) / Raymond Lucas (RW/LW)) 

If you trade for Seider then you can bypass Reidenbacher and go BPA.  Again just throwing things out there to see what sticks .......

Not sure if anyone has any interest in Filip Zadina?

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Detroit's 1st RD (17th overall from the NY Isles) should be in the mix along with one of their 2nd Rd's this year. 

This would be a solid return for him.

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

If you trade for Seider

I don't think they trade away their #1 D man so i won't entertain this any further.

Stevie Y is no fool and needs a rebuild of his own to finish.

I'd love to flip them TK and Sanheim and make a big splash...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think they trade away their #1 D man so i won't entertain this any further.

I don't think so either ....but it is nice to dream big ..... :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

If TK is in play and Detroit a potential suitor, the Detroit's 1st RD (17th overall from the NY Isles) should be in the mix along with one of their 2nd Rd's this year. 

Is this you?

Nailed it.

• Thanks 1

There's an issue with drafting a whole bunch of players in the first round of a deep draft.

It's a nice problem to have, but you then also need to re-sign them around the same time.

At this point, get everything you can get, but I'm not so sold on TK for the 17th pending who ELSE is coming back prospect-wise.

5 hours ago, pilldoc said:

If TK is in play and Detroit a potential suitor, the Detroit's 1st RD (17th overall from the NY Isles) should be in the mix along with one of their 2nd Rd's this year.  That would give the Flyers #7 / #17 / #22 in this years draft.

As far as a player coming back it would be one of these 2 .... (Seider (D) / Raymond Lucas (RW/LW)) 

If you trade for Seider then you can bypass Reidenbacher and go BPA.  Again just throwing things out there to see what sticks .......

Not sure if anyone has any interest in Filip Zadina?

From Detroit, if they're offering 17, a second and a prospect, I'd hope said prospect is Marco Kasper.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

From Detroit, if they're offering 17, a second and a prospect, I'd hope said prospect is Marco Kasper.

HHHhhhhhmmmmm they giving up Kapser ok now Steve must be serious.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

There's an issue with drafting a whole bunch of players in the first round of a deep draft.

It's a nice problem to have, but you then also need to re-sign them around the same time.

Lol....Philly fans! Only they can find issue with having 3 draft picks in the first round of a rebuild they have been clamoring about for a decade

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Lol....Philly fans! Only they can find issue with having 3 draft picks in the first round of a rebuild they have been clamoring about for a decade

Heh...ohhh, I am pretty sure if Wild fans ever get that rebuild with picks some of THEM have been clamoring about, they'd tell you to "hold my beer".
Some of them really aren't happy unless there is something to be unhappy about :rolleyes: 

Now, I am not suggesting @radoran falls into the "I must complain" group.....I mean, aside from keeping WAYYY too many Fins on his fantasy teams, he seems like a reasonable man.

Just a blanket statement that you will find people with something to gripe about their team, no matter WHAT goes on.

Even some in my Bolts fanbase...two straight Cups, ever so close to a third straight....some still pissed n moaned about, well, whatever.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Heh...ohhh, I am pretty sure if Wild fans ever get that rebuild with picks some of THEM have been clamoring about, they'd tell you to "hold my beer".
Some of them really aren't happy unless there is something to be unhappy about :rolleyes: 

Now, I am not suggesting @radoran falls into the "I must complain" group.....I mean, aside from keeping WAYYY too many Fins on his fantasy teams, he seems like a reasonable man.

Just a blanket statement that you will find people with something to gripe about their team, no matter WHAT goes on.

Even some in my Bolts fanbase...two straight Cups, ever so close to a third straight....some still pissed n moaned about, well, whatever.

Nope. Nice try. I'm not buying it. Flyer fans are a special kind of unique, and Rad is one of our own

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

Yeah "a nice problem to have" is really whinging.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

aside from keeping WAYYY too many Fins on his fantasy teams

The Champ Is Here

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

I'll see your radoran and raise you a...

Well first of all, they all have to make the NHL.

Hows that?

• Haha 1

As we all know, or should be willing to accept, everything is one move at a time. Its fluid right now. Our fan anticipation has us chomping at the bit like a venomous duck. I think the quiet we are experiencing is due to the draft. Now that I type that, that's pretty obvious. Duh! I don't expect our team to be relevant next season, or the one after that. But without knowing what strides a new core could make, there's no way to know what the team will need. I hope they nail this draft. I really hope a trade happens to bring in another first rounder, and I'm not sure I care who has to go to get it. I really, really hope they trade Scott Laughton so you can all get up off my back about it :poke:. I will hold to my position that Hayes will be out of here before the season starts. I can't imagine DB isn't burning up the phone lines. If, and I know that's a big word right now, but IF, the Flyers really are willing to deal, I suspect there are more than a few teams making offers. I haven't been this excited about the Flyers since Richards skating off the ice with the consolation prize trophy

21 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

yup ... totally get that but the date is uncanny ....

It does seem like a lot of transactions on one day. Though you would expect more leading up to the draft.

• Like 1