Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Well the quotes are out there because I’ve read them.

The fact he has an A and no one else on the ice did last year should represent something.

I see no indication that Laughton is a problem or a cancer or that he's anything but a likeable hard working guy.

Who should return a valuable asset for the rebuild in a trade.

:hocky:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, radoran said:

The fact he has an A and no one else on the ice did last year should represent something.

Yeah. Takes me back to the good ol days when Kevin Dineen was captain <sigh>

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Who should return a valuable asset for the rebuild in a trad

If so I will happily acknowledge this as a positive contribution to the team

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Its such a slow day......pleasse? elaborate.

:poke:

Sure, remember when Laughton was the only one with a letter?

Suppose that letter drops two spaces?

:poke:

20 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Anything can happen!

Except trading Hayes.

I would certainly buy this guy out if it comes to this.

And it isn't about the money and the saving it is about cutting ties and moving in a different direction and not having to watch him float out there ever again for my team.

Nothing more.

I am done with this guy.

Bite the bullet and do it. First buy out window opens 24 hours after winning the Stanley Cup.

• Like 2

Buying him out is a bad idea.  You’re hoping to be good in the last years of the buyout when you take the cap hit and you will need the cap space then.  You don’t need the cap space the next couple years when they aren’t completing for anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Buying him out is a bad idea.  You’re hoping to be good in the last years of the buyout when you take the cap hit and you will need the cap space then.  You don’t need the cap space the next couple years when they aren’t completing for anything.

Buying him out is a terrible idea.   So, they'll do it before tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I dont know if it's a good idea or not, but I find your POV confusing. If they aren't going to be good for the "next couple years" (I assume you mean 2), then it sounds smart to do it. How many years will the buy out go? What if they are bad for 3, 4, or even 5 years? They wouldn't need the cap space then either

21 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Buying him out is a bad idea.  You’re hoping to be good in the last years of the buyout when you take the cap hit and you will need the cap space then.  

Bro if we have to sweat 1.6 mill cap hit I hate to inform you something went way way wrong before then.

I want him gone we'll worry about the 1.6 mill in cap space when it happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I dont know if it's a good idea or not, but I find your POV confusing. If they aren't going to be good for the "next couple years" (I assume you mean 2), then it sounds smart to do it. How many years will the buy out go? What if they are bad for 3, 4, or even 5 years? They wouldn't need the cap space then either

He doesn't know what he is talking about the cap hit is 1.6 mill the last 3 years they won't even sweat that. 

Just take a page out of the Knights plan IR someone and bring them back after the trade deadline so you can be 15 million over the cap...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bro if we have to sweat 1.6 mill cap hit I hate to inform you something went way way wrong before then.

I want him gone we'll worry about the 1.6 mill in cap space when it happens.

You sound like the guy who negotiated the contract in the first place, “bro”.

1 minute ago, SCFlyguy said:

You sound like the guy who negotiated the contract in the first place, “bro”.

Well tell us where are they going to spend that 1.6 million they are going to save I can't wait to see what you buy with it.

Oh joy!!!

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

How many years would the buy out be?

2.5mill

4.7mill

4.7mill

1.6 mill

1.6mill

1.6mill

That is the cap hit and once again because some around can't read it isn't even about saving the cap space it is about not having to hear Hayes name again. Or see him.

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

2.5mill

4.7mill

4.7mill

1.6 mill

1.6mill

1.6mill

That is the cap hit and once again because some around can't read it isn't even about saving the cap space it is about not having to hear Hayes name again. Or see him.

I'm not sure buyout is the route to go this summer. I don't disagree with get him gone, but it can work both ways having him in the lineup. If he sucks and floats around then he helps achieve the target of finishing on the pole for the 1st pick next year. If he actually plays half decent he can be moved at the deadline and won't need to attach a pick to move him, just some salary retention. I really don't care about culture and learning the Torts way, if you are rebuilding, then do it from the top of the draft, not the middle. The middle just gets you mediocre.

20 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

but it can work both ways having him in the lineup. If he sucks and floats around then he helps achieve the target of finishing on the pole for the 1st pick next year.

Do not care.

I want him gone so I can return to watching hockey again.

I can not stomach another season of him in orange and black.

I want to be done with him. Forever.

• Thanks 1