Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But i just trust him more than Chuck.

Ha yeah well the list of people I'd trust before Fletcher includes Everyone on Earth.

but anyway I like that "virgin lust" idea you mentioned...hopefully they got it. That's the kind of players I want skating for the Flyers, guys that are hungry - hungry to win the Stanley Cup.

• Good Post 1

29 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ha yeah well the list of people I'd trust before Fletcher includes Everyone on Earth.

but anyway I like that "virgin lust" idea you mentioned...hopefully they got it. That's the kind of players I want skating for the Flyers, guys that are hungry - hungry to win the Stanley Cup.

Im pretty sure they do. if players don't, they either won't be here, or won't last long. It occurred to me that DBKJ+ have a lot to prove. They want this to succeed. They aren't going to screw around. And they have the ice executioner behind the bench. Philly will become the place lazy goes to die

Tortorella memes. Best Collection of funny Tortorella pictures on iFunny  Brazil

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Frustrating to watch ex-Flyers doing well and playing well in this Carolina Florida series. The ghosts of Fletcher's moves will haunt us for years. 

So just for sh its and giggles i'll leave this right here....

What say you..............anyone?????

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That teams who need a goalie should be seriously looking at the assets they want to deploy to acquire one.

Anyone with a goalie to deal should be looking to maximize return from teams that are over a barrel.

Edited by radoran

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

That teams who need a goalie should be seriously looking at the assets they want to deploy to acquire one.

Anyone with a goalie to deal should be looking to maximize return from teams that are over a barrel.

Laffs sure need a goalie too....but it is going to have to be a huge return before i can ok moving Hart for no other reason than how long have we waited to finally have a stud goalie???

Only to move him now??

I'm not say no i won't move him but it must be worth it for the Flyers to make such a move...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

no other reason than how long have we waited to finally have a stud goalie???

How's that working for Carey Price in Montreal?

One Finals appearance? Five first round exits. Five missed playoffs.

Fourteen years.

I'm not say no i won't move him but it must be worth it for the Flyers to make such a move...

Well, I didn't mention Hart in my quoted post, but I've been saying Matthews+ for Hart or walk away.

Again maximize value and you don't have to make the deal.

You have the asset people want and if they won't pay for it, don't give it to them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well they have failed for a long time to build a team around that guy. Kind of like the Flyers have failed for Hart's since he was 20 going on his 6th season now...he is literally 84-84-26 and that is the definition of mediocre if i have ever seen it.

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, I didn't mention Hart in my quoted post, but I've been saying Matthews+ for Hart or walk away.

HHHhhhhhhmmmmmm would the Laffs even do this??

He only has one more season under contract before he could just walk for nothing.

Would surely have to sign a extension before considering this (hopefully a cheaper one so they could afford to build a team around him).

Danny will have to make a phone call.

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

You have the asset people want and if they won't pay for it, don't give it to them.

For sure we ain't in the business the get fleeced....it has to work for the Flyers or i'm out.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they have failed for a long time to build a team around that guy. Kind of like the Flyers have failed for Hart

Well, exactly.

:hocky:

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Frustrating to watch ex-Flyers doing well and playing well in this Carolina Florida series. The ghosts of Fletcher's moves will haunt us for years. 

Nick Cousins? Radko Gudas? Ghost?

I think both Cousins and Gudas were on teams prior to the Panthers.

Same for Ghost, I couldn't care less about these players. 

I will say that CAR /FLA game one was one the best hockey games I have ever watched. 

It was played at such a high level, big hits, great moves, great goaltending, speed everywhere, every inch or ice was contested. 

I know Jonesy saw it.

The Flyers need to become better than that, Briere and Jones have their work cut out for them.

I will say this, for the first time in a about 2 years I am feeling a little hopeful about the team. 

It seems like the Hilferty, Camillo partnership if off to a good start, there seems to be good energy around the people in charge of the team. 

• Good Post 2

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I will say this, for the first time in a about 2 years I am feeling a little hopeful about the team. 

I remember the sense of relief when they elevated Hextall.

I'm a little more circumspect this time around.

Trust - but verify. #hockeyrelated

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Gudas were on teams prior to the Panthers.

I'd take them over Risto and TDA right damn now....no lie.

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, exactly.

Hart's save percentage has went down every season he has played no very inspiring this kid is going to be so screwed up by the time the team is even semi good might as well move him before he is damaged if he isn't already...

I'd take them over Risto and TDA right damn now....no lie.

Them, plus the 1st, 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 4th, and 7th it took to turn Ghost and Hagg into Risto and TDA.

Honestly one of the most egregious use of assets ever in the history of organized sport.

Edited by radoran
  • Uggh... 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they have failed for a long time to build a team around that guy. Kind of like the Flyers have failed for Hart's since he was 20 going on his 6th season now...he is literally 84-84-26 and that is the definition of mediocre if i have ever seen it.

HHHhhhhhhmmmmmm would the Laffs even do this??

He only has one more season under contract before he could just walk for nothing.

Would surely have to sign a extension before considering this (hopefully a cheaper one so they could afford to build a team around him).

Danny will have to make a phone call.

For sure we ain't in the business the get fleeced....it has to work for the Flyers or i'm out.

"fleeced" or "flecthed" ......semantics

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, radoran said:

One Finals appearance? Five first round exits. Five missed playoffs.

Fourteen years.

Or, if you're the Flyers...

One finals appearance, 3 first round exits, 7 missed playoffs

147 goalies.

Fourteen years

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Nick Cousins? Radko Gudas? Ghost?

I think both Cousins and Gudas were on teams prior to the Panthers.

I don't really "care" about them. My point is they are better in their roles then players we currently have and replaced them with. 

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So just for sh its and giggles i'll leave this right here....

I would definitely call them up and see what they'd offer. I'd kind of want them to pay a high price though. Quietly tell them you're not looking to trade Hart, but if you made me an offer I couldn't refuse....

I'd call whoever the new guy is in Toronto too. New guys often make errors :)

2 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I don't really "care" about them. My point is they are better in their roles then players we currently have and replaced them with. 

Not to mention the crapload of draft picks thrown away to do so.

• Like 2