Kevin Hayes Is An All Star

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I had seen a rumor last week Hayes to Dallas Stars picking up 50% of his salary for Denis Gurianov and a pick.

I would do this just to not seen him anymore....

I like this rumor. Is it a real rumor? 

3 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

I like this rumor. Is it a real rumor? 

I seen it last week and mentioned it in the shoutbox they were looking for a center to stabilize a line. Can't say how real it is but i hope.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I seen it last week and mentioned it in the shoutbox they were looking for a center to stabilize a line. Can't say how real it is but i hope.

Similar noise from Carolina as Kotkaniemi hasn't replaced Trocheck (🤯).

But do they want to disrupt this chemistry just as the team is preparing to make a run for the playoffs? 🤔

30 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Can't see them having interest in Hayes. Way too slow for the way they like to play. I'd say that one is highly unlikely. 

Right, just mentioning teams with interest in competent hockey players.

Not necessarily meaning Hayes.

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Can't see them having interest in Hayes. Way too slow for the way they like to play. I'd say that one is highly unlikely. 

Hayes couldn't outskate a zamboni 

The O and B are facing a lot of bad management choices.  Hayes is one.  Sadly, we have to wonder how the remainder of the Coots, Ellis, and Cam contracts pan out.  Perversely, you wish for LTIR.  And that really is perverse.  History shows being off for a year+ is not good.  So, I suspect we get some relief from Ellis.  Coots--even if he comes back, probably overpaid for too long.  Cam--OK, another two years but I am wondering if he follows Ellis.  Meanwhile, how can you effectively trade/plan/develop with this much cap space in limbo?

Others in the bottom six and D other than Risto are gone or off contract in a year or two.  On that score, Ivan may be an interesting trade chip now or next year.  I guess the same holds for Tony D.

The Coots, Ellis, and Cam pieces are interesting and sad.  Candidly, I could see Coots coming back next year and falling apart quickly, then ending it.  Ellis and Cam--we know about Ellis, Cam.....might join Voracek and say good bye.  Ellis....I have to think some announcement is made after the end of the season.  We don't hear anything, and I suspect no news is bad news.

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, radoran said:

But do they want to disrupt this chemistry just as the team is preparing to make a run for the playoffs? 🤔

I only wish this was a joke but you know Flyers management will consider this very question if they’re anywhere near a PO spot come TD. If so All-Star Kevin “Only-If-They-Overpay-Me” Hayes won’t be going anywhere. Their one (and likely only) chance to get out from under that stupid contract will be gone, just like the Flyers will be after Round 1.  

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The Coots, Ellis, and Cam pieces are interesting and sad.  Candidly, I could see Coots coming back next year and falling apart quickly, then ending it.  Ellis and Cam--we know about Ellis, Cam.....might join Voracek and say good bye.  Ellis....I have to think some announcement is made after the end of the season.  We don't hear anything, and I suspect no news is bad news.

I do feel the same as you on Ellis.  Can't ever see him playing again & hope he retires after the season.  If Cam does play next season, I would like to see them trade him.  He will have a tradable contract by then.  No sense keeping a 33 or 34 year old player at this point.  Coots is rather interesting.  You can argue he's been one of their best overall player in the last 5 years.  I was at the Flyers practice this morning & Coots was working out on the other ice surface in the Training center.  He has a long way to go, but look ok on the ice.  It wouldn't make much sense for him to try & come back this season.  He would be smart to wait until next season to see if he's still capable of playing & more importantly, able to take hits.

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Hm, what team has dinosaur management and a play style reminiscent of the pre-cap era?

idk about dinosaur management but cap management is certainly an impediment. Washington plays old school hockey, so do the islanders. Calgary, Winnipeg, maybe Vegas  but some sort of cap gymnastics would have to occur.