Kevin Hayes Is An All Star

I don't know, come trade deadline or trade time... whomever the gm is can say "hey look, the guy's an all-star nearly a point per game, now how's about your second-round pick and we'll even keep 1.5 aav because we like you".

Let's try to have some perspective in the new year, eh?

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

And as if it wasn't enough already, TK was quoted as saying KH is a good guy in the locker room. 

That's why the Flyers signed him

You can get "good guys" in the lockerroom for 1/10 of Hayes wage.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

And as if it wasn't enough already, TK was quoted as saying KH is a good guy in the locker room.

intangibles like that cannot be overlooked. 😀

...and I'll bet Keving Hayes is the best dude to hang out with. 

I'll be he's got good go-to pizza toppings, knows cool spots where the drinks are cheap, probably knows a great breakfast sammy place.

He's probably awesome away from the rink.

Doesn't help him skate faster or back check better but dudes like him are fun to have around. 

Dudes like him can't be the center piece of a winning team but they're welcome on the periphery to keep **** fun.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'll be he's got good go-to pizza toppings, knows cool spots where the drinks are cheap, probably knows a great breakfast sammy place.

Doesn't help him skate faster or back check better but dudes like him are fun to have around. 

Dudes like him can't be the center piece of a winning team but they're welcome on the periphery to keep **** fun.

Doesn't he have his own beer? You can't replace a guy like that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Doesn't he have his own beer? You can't replace a guy like that

yeah he did, Yards made a DIPA called the Big Hayes-y  it was pretty damn good too. If you like New England style IPAs with the citrus-y attack.

hayes-y copy.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

yeah he did, Yards made a DIPA called the Big Hayes-y  it was pretty damn good too. If you like New England style IPAs with the citrus-y attack.

hayes-y copy.jpg

I'm sure it tastes good.....and I'm positive it puts way more effort in. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

whomever the gm is can say "hey look, the guy's an all-star nearly a point per game, now how's about your second-round pick and we'll even keep 1.5 aav because we like you".

So the upside is that Fletcher has moved on to another franchise where he is set to buy that line of 💩?

I mean, hey - worked on Florida last year. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

hayes-y copy.jpg

Totally missed opportunity to go with Lazy Double IPA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

You know, I bet he's a lot like THE Dude and he belongs in a bowling alley...........

At times he just pops a goal in for us like it's effortless and no big deal but then he will go to sleep for the next 4 shifts and he's one of the laziest hockey players ever. He is the "dude". 

• Like 2

I suspect we are stuck with him.  Recent play doesn't change length or term of his contract, so I understand the anger.  It could be worse.  Think back to Hextall's effort to get rid of Vinny Lecavalier and his play prior to departure.  He was overpriced and worthless from day 1.  He might go if salary were offered.  I forget how Hextall bribed LA to to take Vinny.  And thankfully for them, he ended his career with a bit of a surge, then retired.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I forget how Hextall bribed LA to to take Vinny. 

He gave them Luke Schenn along with them and got back Jordan (short for "Jon") Weal (short for "Sim") and a 3rd.

Oh, and retained half of both salaries. ($4.05M).

VLC then walked away from the last two years of the five year deal some idiot signed him to.

Schenn won the Stanley Cup. Twice.

:hocky:

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

He gave them Luke Schenn along with them and got back Jordan (short for "Jon") Weal (short for "Sim") and a 3rd.

Oh, and retained half of both salaries. ($4.05M).

VLC then walked away from the last two years of the five year deal some idiot signed him to.

Schenn won the Stanley Cup. Twice.

:hocky:

Rad:  Thanks for the reminder.  God...Luke Schenn, how could I forget.  I note he is playing for Vancouver...has 10 points and is plus 3, at a 900,000 salary.  He is more cost-effective than Risto!

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

You know, I bet he's a lot like THE Dude and he belongs in a bowling alley...........

At times he just pops a goal in for us like it's effortless and no big deal but then he will go to sleep for the next 4 shifts and he's one of the laziest hockey players ever. He is the "dude". 

The difference is, I actually like The Dude.

Of course if he was signed for 7 years at $7 mil per on the Flyers I might change my opinion. 

But yes, Hayes has The Dudes game. And probably the rug to tie it all in. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know, come trade deadline or trade time... whomever the gm is can say "hey look, the guy's an all-star nearly a point per game, now how's about your second-round pick and we'll even keep 1.5 aav because we like you".

Let's try to have some perspective in the new year, eh?

I had seen a rumor last week Hayes to Dallas Stars picking up 50% of his salary for Denis Gurianov and a pick.

I would do this just to not seen him anymore....

• Like 1