Sabres shut out Kings (Anderson) 6-0

Buffalo Rick

I cant remember the last time the Sabres and another team were tied 0-0 after two periods.  Somehow the Sabres scored 6 goals in the third period to shut out the Kings.  Anderson is clearly playing better than Luukenen.  I have had it with Luukenen.   Get rid of him.  He was a clear mistake. Another mistake by this damn team.  Adams sucks. He loses us Jack Eichel.  How does he still have a job after that debacle?  The guy had his surgery and is now leading Vegas to be one of the best teams in the West. HUGE mistake.  A mistake any average fan could see but not that block head Adams.  He is maybe worse than the guy he took over from.  That bum that came from Pittsburgh.  Cant even remember his name.  Meanwhile, Lindy.  Oh yeah, remember Lindy?  Tearing up the league with the red devils. 

14 minutes ago, Math said:

Harsh coming back to reality for Copley and the hype around him.

Hype?

Dude's a 30-year-old journeyman with 34 career NHL games, 3.02, .899.

He ain't Tim Thomas.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I cant remember the last time the Sabres and another team were tied 0-0 after two periods.  Somehow the Sabres scored 6 goals in the third period to shut out the Kings.  Anderson is clearly playing better than Luukenen.  I have had it with Luukenen.   Get rid of him.  He was a clear mistake. Another mistake by this damn team.  Adams sucks. He loses us Jack Eichel.  How does he still have a job after that debacle?  The guy had his surgery and is now leading Vegas to be one of the best teams in the West. HUGE mistake.  A mistake any average fan could see but not that block head Adams.  He is maybe worse than the guy he took over from.  That bum that came from Pittsburgh.  Cant even remember his name.  Meanwhile, Lindy.  Oh yeah, remember Lindy?  Tearing up the league with the red devils. 

I honestly think this Sabres win was more about how bad LA goaltending is right now, rather than how good the Sabres have been in the same area.
At least there is upside in Buffalo with Luukkonen, despite the short sighted perception of him you are displaying here.

I'd love for the Wild to get him and have Luukko compete with Gustavsson and Wallstedt for the crease in Minnesota!
They can even trade Marc Andre Fleury to Buffalo so he and Anderson can backstop your team, how about that? ;) 

But I digress....bottom line is, the Kings goalies are horrible, absolutely horrible.
Quick is well past his expiration date (Anderson seems to be better than he is while being older!), and both Copley and Petersen have shown they aren't the answer.
LA defense needs to tighten up as well.

As for the Sabres, same 'tightening of defense' applies.
I keep telling you that if they play better in their own zone, and better in coverage on teams trying to park players around the net, then I bet Sabres goalies would fare better.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I honestly think this Sabres win was more about how bad LA goaltending is right now, rather than how good the Sabres have been in the same area.
At least there is upside in Buffalo with Luukkonen, despite the short sighted perception of him you are displaying here.

I'd love for the Wild to get him and have Luukko compete with Gustavsson and Wallstedt for the crease in Minnesota!
They can even trade Marc Andre Fleury to Buffalo so he and Anderson can backstop your team, how about that? ;) 

But I digress....bottom line is, the Kings goalies are horrible, absolutely horrible.
Quick is well past his expiration date (Anderson seems to be better than he is while being older!), and both Copley and Petersen have shown they aren't the answer.

As for the Sabres, same 'tightening of defense' applies.
I keep telling you that if they play better in their own zone, and better in coverage on teams trying to park players around the net, then I bet Sabres goalies would fare better.

Well they just beat the AVs in Colorado and have climbed back to 500.  Not bad.  If only they had a franchise goalie like Miller or Hasek.  They have some good young talent in Paterka and Jack Quinn.  I am not sure right now if I would trade Tage Thompson for Eichel if I had the chance.  Thompson has really become some kind of player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well they just beat the AVs in Colorado and have climbed back to 500.  Not bad.  If only they had a franchise goalie like Miller or Hasek.  They have some good young talent in Paterka and Jack Quinn.  I am not sure right now if I would trade Tage Thompson for Eichel if I had the chance.  Thompson has really become some kind of player.

Hell no Thompson is way younger too...Thompson is for Buffalo what Tkachuks are for Ottawa and Florida...

On 12/14/2022 at 4:35 PM, radoran said:

Hype?

Dude's a 30-year-old journeyman with 34 career NHL games, 3.02, .899.

He ain't Tim Thomas.

Well some dudes were already seeing him as the next Vézina winner because we won his first two starts since his recall. But yeah, I see your point. And thanks for the Public Enemy refence, I love them.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Compared to the Anaheim ones, they are HOFer. More seriously, I still believe Quick can somehow rebound. He was pretty much steady during his carrer, navigating between 0.900 and 0.920. His current numbers are around those in the mid 2010s so there's some hope. Murray was not able to stop an inflatable beach ball for the last two years, and now he's walking on the water (or maybe they took the other Stars prospect Matt Murray and nobody hasn't noticed yet...) Let's not forget: Niemi has a ring...

But I totally agree with your last point: LA has to build a concrete wall in front of their goalies. They are playing in the weakest division of the League and there are still on a good spot to be in the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, Math said:

Well some dudes were already seeing him as the next Vézina winner because we won his first two starts since his recall.

Full disclosure: I picked him up on my FHL squad as an asset if he does unseat or even tandem with Quick. I don't really expect it, but Quick has been up and down year to year for the past five years. This would be a "down" year in that cycle and dude is staring 37 in the face come January.

But Copley's not more than a Michael Leighton at this point. Would not surprise me to see the Kings make a move for a goalie if Copley has more periods like Buffalo. If he stays more to the 2-3 GAA, the Kings rightnow are the only team in a playoff spot with a negative goals differential (-11). Tighten that up and they may have something.