Game 9: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers; 11/1/22 @ 7 PM; NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Good road point. The team now has some positive structure, and a plan guided by a coach who's won. Now, they need to accumulate more talent.

And getting great goaltending (from the numbers).

Makes me wonder what crazy notions are running through the GM's mind about what he needs to do to get the missing skill/scoring and then I about pass out...

....so not going there right now.

Good night all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Well ya, there's a lack of high end offensive skill on the roster, we all know that. But they are working hard and giving effort. It's far more than we expected this year and it's a good start to a new Torts era. 

Amen!

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Makes me wonder what crazy notions are running through the GM's mind about what he needs to do to get the missing skill/scoring

Oh no...I hadn't thought of that...you're right if they keep finding a way to get points we're in trouble! lol. Fletcher and Co. will see PO $$ signs dancing in their heads and then it's Goodbye J. Cates, Foester, Zamula, Brink, Laczynski etc.

Only saving grace is that Hart is bound to come back to Earth at some point. He's still over .940 I think, hard to believe he'll be able to keep that up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Only saving grace is that Hart is bound to come back to Earth at some point. He's still over .940 I think, hard to believe he'll be able to keep that up

I dunno, he's got a great coach :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

If we had one or two 30 goal scorers, this squad could be a threat. Now we struggle to be a scoring threat. We are working hard. But we cant challenge our opponents.

Yeah , the biggest problem is we have too many third line players on the first two lines. Our defense and goaltending are solid but we are gonna have a real problem scoring goals. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I dunno, he's got a great coach :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

And it shows in his game might be the reason he has found his game again....good coaching all around if they could only teach them to put the round black thingy in the square frame with the net on the back of it...

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

If they're shooting at a square in the net they're doomed.

I'm just helping them identify what the net looks like I thought they weren't sure of the mission and how to achieve their objective.

#babysteps

:beer: