Game 8:Philadelphia Flyers vs Carolina Hurricanes: 10/29/72 @ 7PM ESPN+

OccamsRazor

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

"even-keel".

See that is the thing both cab be true.

We can be happy and yet be even keel I'm not speaking for coaches but some of us are in touch with reality here and can have a conversation about it respecting both sides of the equation.

Some here can not handle have to disagree and then be insulting and condescending.

They know who they are and if the shoe fits wear it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

No, I won't be saying that "I told you so". We SHOULD enjoy while it lasts. I'm simply being realistic and "even-keel".

Realism is the killer of dreams. 

A team that believes in itself, and rides a wave of momentum, can accomplish things beyond their projected means

This is how upsets occur in sports. Just look at the Phillies. No one projected they'd be in the WS. Im not saying the Flyers will be a team of destiny, or even make the PO, I dont think they will. I'm just saying it's okay to enjoy the ride and not be constantly reminded that it's just a matter of time before someone pisses in your Cheerios

• Good Post 1

35 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Jeepers, our limited offensive ability is in full relief. Agreed with the announcers this is a Canes shooting gallery.

Just walked it when Tippett broke up the break away.

Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Just now, Howie58 said:

I am taking a walk after the first. To say we look outclassed is an understatement.  We are being steamrollered. 

Yeah I figured Canes speed would be an issue.

How has Risto looked?

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I need to walk away more often. May improve performance. 

I sit on the couch for a few minutes.

The wife calls I say fcuk it go do something else come back and check in.

I can't be glued to the game till the last 5 mintues.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sedlak needs more ice time.

Kid has stood out.

Occ:

I was thinking the same.  Maybe CF's two decision rules should be: 1) No free agent signing over two million; and 2) Work the waiver wire for major acquisitions. 

5 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya, pity they couldn't hold the lead at the end but they battled and it was close and really, it was very entertaining. Definitely half full is the way to go here. 

I will never understand how someone can be a Flyers fan and have Boston as their second favorite?  Maybe it goes back to the days of Orr and Espo?  I liked Boston when I first watched hockey, as the Sabres did not exist yet, and I also liked the Blues. I watched that final when the Bruins and Orr won the Cup.  It was a sweep but it was much closer than that.  Boston disposed of the Leafs in two games they hung ten on them.  The Blues put up a fight.  Oh, this is a Flyers thread.  The Flyers did not quite exist yet either back then I do not believe.  Or they were an early expansion.  I see the Canes won in OT, they had to be in a foul mood after the previous game.  A 6-2 pounding by the Islanders the night before. I am not sure how to really rank them this year.  Carolina I mean.  The Flyers are playing pretty well so far, as are my boys.  I guess its just Philly's time?  The Eagles and Phillies and oh well Ill leave the 76ers out of this even though even they are waking up. Hows that soccer team going?  You know.  MLS  Isn't your team named after the Ben Franklin era or something?  So the Flyers I have not seen yet.  They have not been on here. I will see them eventually.  Maybe they and the Sabres can both hang on and sneak in?  I just wish your 2nd favorite team would start losing. At least the usual big teams like Tampa are not exactly tearing up the place.  They are beatable. And the Flyers beat them from what I remember, last week.  The team I really fear in the East are the Rangers.  The Leafs will get going too.  Too much talent not to.  And the Islanders.  Do not count them out.  They just beat the Canes and Colorado back to back nights in glorious fashion. So teams like the Flyers and Sabres and Sens and Red Wings are going to likely fight for the lower seeds?  Unless we are surprised. 

The Ristolainen vs Jordan Staal matchup wasn't pretty. Along the boards it was even enough but in open ice Staal made Ristolainen look like exactly what he is: slow, unaware and in the wrong job. Fletcher thought big and strong was enough and he's another guy in the wrong job.

• Uggh... 1

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The Ristolainen vs Jordan Staal matchup wasn't pretty. Along the boards it was even enough but in open ice Staal made Ristolainen look like exactly what he is: slow, unaware and in the wrong job. Fletcher thought big and strong was enough and he's another guy in the wrong job.

Well if Torts is true to his words it shouldn't be long till Zamula is back on the 3rd pair and Risto is making popcorn.

If icing the best team is paramount. Id not than it has all been lip service. We wait...

7 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I will never understand how someone can be a Flyers fan and have Boston as their second favorite?  Maybe it goes back to the days of Orr and Espo?  I liked Boston when I first watched hockey, as the Sabres did not exist yet, 

Who let the Sabres fan in here??????????? :)

For all the Flyers problems, it must be rough being you. Bills vs. Eagles superbowl might be fun though right? Bills can lose their 5th. 

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if Torts is true to his words it shouldn't be long till Zamula is back on the 3rd pair and Risto is making popcorn.

If icing the best team is paramount. Id not than it has all been lip service. We wait...

I still think, since they are stuck with him, they should make Risto into a forward. Also stick him in JVRs PP spot. Buffalo did that with him a few years back when they had nobody who could get in the front and stay there and it worked pretty good. He scored a bunch of goals and screened well. Their PP improved. 

Make use of that big dumb body doing what it can do since it's obviously incapable of playing structured or disciplined D. 

55 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Who let the Sabres fan in here??????????? :)

For all the Flyers problems, it must be rough being you. Bills vs. Eagles superbowl might be fun though right? Bills can lose their 5th. 

I doubt it.  But we will have to beat better teams than Philly to get there.  You have not won the NFC yet.  It’s only week 8 though you have the last place schedule in your favor.  Your schedule is a joke