Game 6: San Jose Sharks at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/23/22 @ 7PM, NBCSP

Howie58

47 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

, he's letting in goals that should be stopped.

I don't remember thinking he had much chance on the two that he was in net for, an absolute seed from Karlsson and a deflection from inside the hash marks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Injuries plus benchings = a pretty lame squad. 

I'm not going to lie as soon as it went up 2-0 i stopped watching.

The wife wanted to finish up the Watcher which is pretty good on Netflix and well i couldn't say no.

And i was reading Hayes and Konecny were benched not sure what i missed on TK he seemed to be playing hard.

Hayes a different story and well has it started already is this what gets the ball rolling on Hayes departure? I hope so.

So i can't comment on it besides it was sad to see a Bedard tanking team up 2-0 on the squad.

But bound to happen since many of us had them as a border line playoff team they can't win them all.

Let's let Torts do his job.

• Like 1

I agree I don’t think Sandstrom could’ve done much more than he did last night. He fought off some great chances and gave the Flyers plenty of time to make a game of it. So far goaltending has been good. In the “room for improvement” category I’d put Hart and Sandstrom last. 

Were Hayes and Konecny really that bad to warrant zero ice time in the 3rd? I understand sending a message but it wasn’t like the Flyers we’re getting blown out, at least on the scoreboard. I wasn’t watching the game closely did they really deserve that?

I am emotionally distant from this team this season, but it is hard for a goalie to win a game when his side doesn't score any goals. Pretty sloppy game last night, understandable considering the b2b + time zone change. How is it we're at 6 games and already played 2 back to backs?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I agree I don’t think Sandstrom could’ve done much more than he did last night.

I know stats don't tell everything but hard to be real mad finishing with 917% and then looks at Beezer going pointless and a -3.

This team has a few problems still and they are working through it. This seems like your traditional trap game and they failed the test.

There will be many more obstacles this season how they come out on the other side depends on their commitment to doing the small things and playing within the structure of the system Torts has installed.

There will be blood.

:beer:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I take it Hayes and Konecny were benched for the third. Well, I guess accountability starts at the top. Seems like a really flat effort. You can't fault Samdstrom. Our PP is reverting to last year's ineptitude.  

Starting to be a repeat of last year. Really hard to watch.

18 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Or, just to play Devil's advocate, or whatever, maybe Sandstrom just isn't that good (at least yet).🤔

Well he's definitely not as good as Hart, that's a no brainer, but I don't blame him for this loss. The team didn't play as well in front of him. 

This team isn't particularly fast either so I think maybe back to backs will prove harder than for a team(s) with better skating ability. 

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Farabee right? I don't get it but I've seen it a few times before now. Who hung that on him?

The only Beezer I know is VanBiesbrouk

I've seen the players call him that. Not sure who started.

But i'm with you only Beezer i was aware of was the one they chose over Cujo and still think if they had sign him instead Flyers might have won a Cup in the last 90's early 2000's.

We'll never know...

:beer:

• Like 2