Game 4: Philadelphia Flyers at Florida Panthers: 10/19/22 @ 7:30, TNT

Howie58

Hopefully Cam is back soon then someone with more skill will drop to the 4th line, unless he has contracted

Ellis-idiss.

ELLIS-IDISS: Day to Day, week to week, year to year, he’s doing great and feels much better however his injury may be career threatening :smallTM:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree but it should be in place of Zach not Tanner or one of the kids who needs to play.

Tanner is 25 and needs to be in the NHL to develop more i think not down with the kids. I guess this has Chuck's hand on it.

We see what gives.  The guy seems to be a fringe player.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Let this sink in - Deslaurier and MacEwan combined for 24 minutes of ice time. Allison and Laczynski combined for just over 20. Anyone defending that usage is just as tone dead as the people that run this organization. Two guys who actually have skill and ability getting less ice time than a couple of active that do nothing but bang bodies and offer nothing else. Now, to add fuel to the fire, imagine being Laczynski and having to center those two guys because the organization doesn't want you to play anywhere else in the lineup and they're pigeon holing you into that role. Completely backwards. 

I agree Tanner has skill and a solid shot as well as good size needs to play like Allison and Cates. Their time is now.

7 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The guy seems to be a fringe player.  

Yes from everything i have found he is a bottom 6 guy who plays Torts game like he wants and can play all 3 positions.

But still Tanner, Wade, Noah and Owen are the future and are ready for the NHL now....no need to wait. Zach well he could be waived and noone is claiming him.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes from everything i have found he is a bottom 6 guy who plays Torts game like he wants and can play all 3 positions.

But still Tanner, Wade, Noah and Owen are the future and are ready for the NHL now....no need to wait. Zach well he could be waived and noone is claiming him.

From my vantage, TL is probably the most vulnerable of the four.  The upside of the others is probably higher.  

Pretty good game all in all - even though the Flyers were outplayed all night. 

The Panthers are a fast team plus they were rested. The Flyers are not a fast team.

Bob was excellent for 60 minutes / Sandstrom was excellent for ~58 minutes.

Even after the bad 4th goal the Flyers didn't quit but another 2-goal lead was too much to overcome in 10 minutes...against the Cats' D in their home opener no less.

Frost ... isn't winning loose-puck battles and can't hang onto the puck.

Farabee ... invisible for 4 games except when he's getting stripped of the puck.

I expect JF will find his game soon enough. MF...I'm not convinced he has an NHL game.

Pretty good overall effort from a tired team on the 2 game of b2b. Not sure why people want Deslauriers and Allison out but give a pass to JVR and Hayes. Two of those players try every shift and two of them float. Anybody watching the game knows which are which. Braun keeps showing me every game he plays that he should be the popcorn guy for Homer and Bobby. Kudos to Sandstrom for playing a very  solid game  with not a lot of support. Seeler had a decent game too for a change. I would rate him higher than Braun but that is a very low bar…….

39 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Both players have five seasons of NHL experience, and are known to play hard. They arent the type pf players known to push back against the system. They do what is asked. And just becasue they are "goons", for a lack of a better term, doesn't mean they are brain dead mouthbreathers with no hockey IQ. Remember, Berube was a goon and he went on to be a successful head coach

This is quite a good point.

In passing, I can't help but comment on how amazing it is to find yourself in the position of trying to convince other Flyer fans of this!! What a world.

I'm a fan from the Bullies era, that was my identify both as a fan and as a player. Still is. But the game has changed, drastically really. The need for skill to win in the NHL is not really debatable. See Makar, Cale.

The problem, as Torts has 100% correctly identified, is that we have a skill deficit, possibly a large one. Also not debatable. So, until we no longer have that deficit, guys like ZM and ND are likely going to play more than *those* young guys, because those young guys aren't skilled enough. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:43 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Let this sink in - Deslaurier and MacEwan combined for 24 minutes of ice time. Allison and Laczynski combined for just over 20. Anyone defending that usage is just as tone dead as the people that run this organization. Two guys who actually have skill and ability getting less ice time than a couple of active that do nothing but bang bodies and offer nothing else. Now, to add fuel to the fire, imagine being Laczynski and having to center those two guys because the organization doesn't want you to play anywhere else in the lineup and they're pigeon holing you into that role. Completely backwards. 

Patrick Sharp says hello……..You would hope that the organization learned something from past mistakes. Not holding my breath here…..

• Like 1