Game 3: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning: 10/18/22 @ 7 PM, ESPN

Howie58

14 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

That #57 Allison has quite the motor!

And a wicked shot.

But we have fingers crossed he can stay healthy.

Owen Tippets doppelganger. 

3-2 

The Noah Cates part of the Sota twins.

Edited by OccamsRazor

How about that,e h?

Grudging congrats to the Flyers....they bent...a LOT, but did not break.
They were on Kucherov's and Point's grills all game long, not letting them do what they do....the defense played reasonably well, Hart looked engaged.

Cates, Konecny, Allison, Sanheim, DeAngelo....all good games.

Bolts are slowly coming together, but not quite there.
Not taking away from the Flyer win, mind you....your boys in orange passed a big test.

Lightning need some more simmering.

5 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Holy ****, what an effort. That’s, (checks notes) three games in a row where they haven’t **** the bed in the 3rd period of a game! 

Too bad Torts sucks and the Flyers are forever doomed so the smartest people here tell me....

• Haha 4

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Don't worry Risto will be back soon to ruin it all.

Sadly, you're right. But as one of the announcers said tonight, the Flyers are playing defense by committee. And it seems to be working.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I even forgot about him....Flyers best forget about him too.
He could be the BEST popcorn server ever though.... :ph34r:

Seriously though...the defense looked very sound, very solid, nothing stupid, nothing flashy.... just a good brand of defense.
I'm not sure Risto can adhere to that. :bigteeth: 

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Flyers best forget about him too.
He could be the BEST popcorn server ever though.... 

The new Andrew Macdonald.

I like it.

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm not sure Risto can adhere to that.

Me either.

But I hope Torts has the balls to bench him.

55 minutes ago, vis said:

Who is this team?  Nice to have entertaining -- and winning -- hockey.  

I'd watch a game, but I don't want to jinx it.

Also, I mean, Phillies?

No, seriously, block off Broad right at a BSL stop, easy access to Art Museum and the Stadiums.

Might need help getting the couch out there.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ya, I had thought of that. What if a losing streak starts with his return? It will be interesting to see what happens. 

DeAngelo working out so far though. 

Team don't quit. Lots to be happy about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya, I had thought of that. What if a losing streak starts with his return? It will be interesting to see what happens. 

DeAngelo working out so far though. 

Team don't quit. Lots to be happy about. 

DeAngelo twice left Stamkos open on the point of the PP. He looked good other than that and blocked a few shots that took some guts. I am not a Seeler or Braun fan. I would prefer Risto to either one of those two.

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

DeAngelo twice left Stamkos open on the point of the PP. He looked good other than that and blocked a few shots that took some guts. I am not a Seeler or Braun fan. I would prefer Risto to either one of those two.

risto is a torts type of player, very aggressive type of player, that's why fletch brought him here for that grit, we are missing that.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ya that thought has crossed my mind too ... the D is shaping up quicker than I thought possible. But when Ristolainen comes back it all goes to hell. Ha...maybe not.

On a side note I'm impressed by the chemistry that Konecny and Laughton have developed. Not just the shorty the other night but 5 on 5 they're finding each other regularly. It'd be nice to keep them together but I imagine once Atkinson is back the lines will shift to accommodate him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I will actually be happy if he replaces Braun……..

Braun is old as dirt and slow, but he was pretty decent last night, especially late in the game. Lots of battle there, which is all you can ask for really.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I am not a Seeler or Braun fan. I would prefer Risto to either one of those two.

Both Seeler and Braun have played pretty well in all 3 games. Probably neither one should be in an NHL starting roster but - credit where credit’s due - they’ve held their own so far.

Personally I’m kinda dreading the return of RR. The “Tortorella effect” is working better than expected with one notable exception: it hasn’t made a dent in Hayes’ game. Ristolainen will probably be impervious to it as well. I hope he proves me wrong. The rest of them look like they’re working on a fresh start. 

• Like 2

So far you have to like the effort and enthusiasm of this team as compared to teams in previous years. Two comeback wins and only 6 goals against in three games, unheard of.  I like what I see but eventually the lack of legit top line talent will catch up to us. We really don't have a true first line center even if Coots comes back, he is really a #2 center, Hayes is a #3 and Frost is a potential #2, but that's a long way off. Aside from that, DeAngelo is not a first pair dman either, Provy is definitely a second pair guy with first pair potential. So as usual we have guys taking on roles they are not suited for. We have some solid 2nd, 3rd and 4th line wingers but do we have any real legit first line wingers? Atkinson, TK and eventually Farabee might be considered first line wingers if they can get 30 plus goals . If  Allison turns into Tim Kerr , he certainly has the size and the shot or if Tippett becomes a sniper ,other than that,we don't really have any other offensively skilled guys on this team. We are winning through hard work and a total team effort which is reminiscent of past Flyers teams.

I don't think we will make the playoffs but at least we have a team that will put in a good effort every night and we have some good young players to root for instead of watching guys stiffs like Thompson, Brown, Brassard etc. I would like to see Braun eventually phased out by mid season and replaced with Attard or York and JVR traded. Even if we finish in the bottom five at least there is some level of excitement and the games are actually watchable. I'd rather lose with the young guys than lose with the old stiffs.

• Like 2