Opening night

Buffalo Rick

8 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So the season starts tonight!  Ill take the Rangers and Vegas to win.  What say ye TFG?  Your boys open in the big apple. 

TB Lightning have a history of getting off to slow starts for whatever reason, so NY taking this opening game wouldn't surprise me.

That said, there are quite a few new faces in the lineup, or at least, players who have been given more responsibility due to certain others no longer being there, so, with that in mind, the team might go more "all out" to prove they belong on the NHL club all year and do NOT want a ticket back to Bottom Pairsville/Sixville or Syracuse.

Looking at YOU Mikhail Sergachev, Nick Paul, Brandon Hagel, Vladi Namestnikov, Ross Colton, and Cole Koepke!

10 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So the season starts tonight!  Ill take the Rangers and Vegas to win.  What say ye TFG?  Your boys open in the big apple. 

I dunno man...Tampa facing injuries and sexual assault allegations...can't be smooth sailing for lighting I'm thinking...

36 minutes ago, Villella McMeans said:

I dunno man...Tampa facing injuries and sexual assault allegations...can't be smooth sailing for lighting I'm thinking...

Lightning's biggest challenge in the early season is to develop chemistry with the new faces in the lineup.
The team absolutely did the right thing keeping Ian Cole away from the team with the suspension...... if it turns out he is innocent, so be it, but if not, he certainly is NOT a distraction the team needs.

Over the years, since Jeff Vinik took over the team, the organization has shown zero tolerance for off the ice stupidity and you can bet that if Cole turns up guilty, they will cut him loose just as fast as they signed him in the off season.

TB's sole focus, from owner to 25th man, is to get back to the Stanley Cup Finals with a chance at another Cup.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Lightning's biggest challenge in the early season is to develop chemistry with the new faces in the lineup.
The team absolutely did the right thing keeping Ian Cole away from the team with the suspension...... if it turns out he is innocent, so be it, but if not, he certainly is NOT a distraction the team needs.

Over the years, since Jeff Vinik took over the team, the organization has shown zero tolerance for off the ice stupidity and you can bet that if Cole turns up guilty, they will cut him loose just as fast as they signed him in the off season.

TB's sole focus, from owner to 25th man, is to get back to the Stanley Cup Finals with a chance at another Cup.

Yeah I think it's all the new faces too every year since they've been so successful every post season the salary cap causes them to lose all their free agents every year too...