My current ranking is "Enthusiast. I'd like to change it to Non Enthusiast.

RonJeremy

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

So the Flyers are doomed to suck for all eternity and there's no hope, even if they luck out and draft a so called generational talent?

Im glad Im a football fan then

:Eagles:

Nobody here is dooming anyone to anything. We are all diehard fans who are realistic enough to realise that the current hockey ops may be the worst in Flyer history and until the house is cleaned there will be no joy. Even the Eagle stumbled to a title with a back up QB who has done nothing since. Most NHL teams need to draft 2 generational talents minimum before even a whiff of a title.

And to all the canucks on this board, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Nobody here is dooming anyone to anything. . Most NHL teams need to draft 2 generational talents minimum before even a whiff of a title.

Thats exactly how the post i quoted sounded to me. Even if they manage to get a draft pick like Beddard, they will need more pieces which they won't be smart enough to get (paraphrasing). So, there is no end in sight (my words).

22 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

We are all diehard fans who are realistic enough to realise that the current hockey ops may be the worst in Flyer history and until the house is cleaned there will be no joy.

Right. I agree. But if we all realize it, why regurgitate over, and over, and over, and over.... we'd have more success, and fun, pissing up a frozen rope

25 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Even the Eagle stumbled to a title with a back up QB who has done nothing since.

Not really sure what the point of this statement is. You say "stumble". Really? Hmmm, let's see....they won the NFC East, won the conference, and then won the Superbowl beating the supposed GOAT on a day when he had his best statistical SB game ever. Sounds like they lucked out. But hey, guess what? THEY STILL FRIGGIN WON! SCOREBOARD! But I digress. You put that observation in a thread where we were discussing the current, and future state of the worst Flyers team ever. So are you saying the Flyers have a chance to win? Or are you just trying to be a turd :readytofight::poke::CelebratingSmiley2:

7 hours ago, CoachX said:

Thats exactly how the post i quoted sounded to me. Even if they manage to get a draft pick like Beddard, they will need more pieces which they won't be smart enough to get (paraphrasing). So, there is no end in sight (my words).

Right. I agree. But if we all realize it, why regurgitate over, and over, and over, and over.... we'd have more success, and fun, pissing up a frozen rope

Not really sure what the point of this statement is. You say "stumble". Really? Hmmm, let's see....they won the NFC East, won the conference, and then won the Superbowl beating the supposed GOAT on a day when he had his best statistical SB game ever. Sounds like they lucked out. But hey, guess what? THEY STILL FRIGGIN WON! SCOREBOARD! But I digress. You put that observation in a thread where we were discussing the current, and future state of the worst Flyers team ever. So are you saying the Flyers have a chance to win? Or are you just trying to be a turd :readytofight::poke::CelebratingSmiley2:

Whoa, easy there bubble boy, I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. In some parts of the world we call this a conversation, sharing thoughts and ideas,  respecting each other even if we agree to disagree. You need to come up out of your cellar and breath.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

@CoachX

I think you did a pretty fair recap of my post. I am saying the Flyers are doomed until the Old Guard either die off, retire or have a Come To Jesus moment. What would that look like? First, an honest assessment of the roster. But there's enough examples of true rebuilds; they don't need to reinvent the wheel.

If they're lucky enough to draft Bedard, great. But unless they bring in a (much) better GM and then actually let him manage, I'm afraid the next 10 years will be Giroux redux. Plus, we know the odds of drafting Bedard are <20% at best. Banking on that doesn't really qualify as a plan.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, flyer4ever said:

Even the Eagle stumbled to a title with a back up QB who has done nothing since.

This isn't the best analogy to the recent Flyers in any capacity.

That Eagles team was loaded with good players and they had a championship locker room. 

Everything happened as it needed to for them to win that year.

Don't put shade on that win. It doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, flyer4ever said:

Whoa, easy there bubble boy, I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. In some parts of the world we call this a conversation, sharing thoughts and ideas,  respecting each other even if we agree to disagree. You need to come up out of your cellar and breath.

Seriously, you need to find your sense of humor. I thought we were having a good natured smack talk. My bad. I'll find someone else to call friend

image.jpeg.717dad23db38c1d0de45a0816a778cc7.jpeg

Edited by CoachX

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

@CoachX

I think you did a pretty fair recap of my post. I am saying the Flyers are doomed until the Old Guard either die off, retire or have a Come To Jesus moment. What would that look like? First, an honest assessment of the roster. But there's enough examples of true rebuilds; they don't need to reinvent the wheel.

If they're lucky enough to draft Bedard, great. But unless they bring in a (much) better GM and then actually let him manage, I'm afraid the next 10 years will be Giroux redux. Plus, we know the odds of drafting Bedard are <20% at best. Banking on that doesn't really qualify as a plan.

I dont disagree at all that the managment section if this a$$ of a team needs an enema. They clearly do. I just don't think we will see a never ending, no hope, fans should all quit franchise. I mean seriously, we aren't the Maple Leafs :CelebratingSmiley2:

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, CoachX said:

I just don't think we will see a never ending, no hope, fans should all quit franchise. I mean seriously, we aren't the Maple Leafs :CelebratingSmiley2:

LOL I'm with ya! I'm not quite at "nothing will change until they all die" but I've never been closer. Now that I watched Tortorella's interview that @aziz posted I feel a bit more hopeful. But I'm still left wondering - will the suits let Tortorella do what he says needs to be done: a true rebuild.