My current ranking is "Enthusiast. I'd like to change it to Non Enthusiast.

RonJeremy

Well if i watch at all it is to see some of the kids play.

But with work and a family well won't be much time to do so and not much in me making myself find time to watch.

It is sad because football and hockey were my favorite and really only sports i followed. Guess i'll have to find a new hobby.

• Like 3

Center Ice is $70 this year and ESPN+ is about the same (10$/mo.). I haven't bought either one yet; guess my interest in the Flyers is close to zero too.

This year could've been a good "reset" year. A new head coach whose rep is for holding players accountable... a decent crop of young talent competing for roster spots... a couple mid-20s journeymen with much to prove this year... no major worries in goaltending...there is a solid foundation to build on.

But the GM's unforced errors (along with the meddlers in the C-suite) killed their chance to reset. Because of the Phillyosohpy that @radoran talks about, and owing to the overinflated contracts that Fletcher handed them, Hayes, Ristolainen and to a lesser extent Cam Atkinson (if he can stay healthy) will play big minutes. Only in the Flyers world do these 3 rate big minutes. On a good team they would be complementary pieces at best. On a young team trying to rebuild character and respectability they are dead weight anchors.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Center Ice is $70 this year and ESPN+ is about the same (10$/mo.). I haven't bought either one yet; guess my interest in the Flyers is close to zero too.

Save your money.

If you have a Android phone or device i can show you how to watch for free with the links like i provided for you for the Eagles games.

Let me know if you want to know how. Off to the gym.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

That would be great @OccamsRazor I've got an Android phone. The ones you posted Sunday were great. Even when they dropped out you had another one ready to go. I don't mind blowing $70 on the Flyers but the NFL Game Pass or whatever it's called is just stupid expensive.

If anyone likes to watch pro tennis or football (soccer to us) - http://goaltime.tv/tennis-streams/ - works great on my Windows machine and my phone.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

57 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

They did look better last night - I saw the 2nd and 3rd. Better breakouts, better passing - and THREE goals!! That's a win right there, I say call it a season now, head home and wait for the draft.

As of now their biggest hole is a big one - top line center.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

As of now their biggest hole is a big one - top line center.

for sure. It can't be Hayes (so it will be Hayes). Frost doesn't do it for me either - he seems like a forever-project. It's still early in his career and I hope I'm wrong - not sure how many NHL games he's played - but the "talk" has yet to match up with the "walk."

I'm sure Chuck is looking around for another PTO case, some team's reject who will fit right in.

29 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Frost doesn't do it for me either - he seems like a forever-project.

From some he has looked better i have to say from reports because i haven't watched them very much. 

I hope to catch the start of the season. It would be nice for Carter Hart to steal some games this year.

I guess i have higher hopes they will be better than they will suck enough to get Bedard. But i would surely live with a crap year if this time next year we are talking about how lucky they are to have that kid.

But i can see them winning more than their fare share of 2-1 games if Hart ever lives up to billing. And a solid backup could steal a few too.

But none of it is highly likely. So i expect them to suck enough to finish somewhere around 12th-14th worst team in the East.

#14 is a 2nd line center on a playoff team. So from where i sit, Hayes is a 3C at best. After that a bunch of 4's. And do you know why you are playing on the 4th line? Because we haven't got a 5th line. You go chucktard, keep up the fine work you're doing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hart's game doesn't need much imho. Maybe when to leave his crease and handle the puck. But the Flyers have been so bad that I can understand people not sold on Carter Hart. We expect a goalie to steal a game once in awhile but honestly I don't think Brodeur, Price or any great goalie could steal games for these Flyers. They just suck too much - and in all 3 zones.

One of Tortorella's priorities has to be defending the net. Unfortunately he doesn't have the horses. The one guy who can really hit and clear the porch evidently doesn't think that's part of his job description.

• Like 1

Hart is a good western Canadian boy, he wants to win and excel at his craft. A very decorated junior, full of promise coming into the NHL. Hart at one point in his career was tagged as the successor to Carey Price in the Team Canada net.  He obviously needs to grow as an NHL goalie and work at improving, every day. However, he has seen first hand the NHL team in front of him quit on multiple occasions, and he has probably been the one guy who has suffered most from the chucktards' constant foolishness building a terrible team. I would not blame Hart one bit if has asked to be moved. There is zero reason to believe the Flyers will be competitive while he still in his prime years.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

I remember one game - last season or the year before? - Hart was getting torched and at one point he corralled the puck, got the stoppage and then rifled it into the corner boards. The disgust on his face came right through the mask.

Hart just turned 24. He's got maybe 7 more seasons of prime-time hockey left. If the Flyers luck into drafting Bedard next summer and he's everything he's projected to be, the question becomes: can one 18-year old generational talent offset the Hayes and Ristolainen factors, the broken-down Couturier factor? I don't think so. It then comes down to adding complementary pieces and developing the players they already have. Unfortunately the Flyers have not had much success doing either one.

So that's my long-winded way of saying I agree with @flyer4ever if Hart asks for a trade I wish him well, no hard feelings. And I won't be at all surprised if he pulls a Bobrovsky and wins the Vezina the very next season.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I remember one game - last season or the year before? - Hart was getting torched and at one point he corralled the puck, got the stoppage and then rifled it into the corner boards. The disgust on his face came right through the mask.

Hart just turned 24. He's got maybe 7 more seasons of prime-time hockey left. If the Flyers luck into drafting Bedard next summer and he's everything he's projected to be, the question becomes: can one 18-year old generational talent offset the Hayes and Ristolainen factors, the broken-down Couturier factor? I don't think so. It then comes down to adding complementary pieces and developing the players they already have. Unfortunately the Flyers have not had much success doing either one.

So that's my long-winded way of saying I agree with @flyer4ever if Hart asks for a trade I wish him well, no hard feelings. And I won't be at all surprised if he pulls a Bobrovsky and wins the Vezina the very next season.

So the Flyers are doomed to suck for all eternity and there's no hope, even if they luck out and draft a so called generational talent?

Im glad Im a football fan then

:Eagles:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1