Travis Sanheim's future...

OccamsRazor

Keep or Trade him  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Extend or Trade him

• Yes extend him.
    • NO trade him for best return.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

There are terrible contracts to get out of, TDA, Risto are significantly overpaid imo.

Paying Sanhiem and trading them would be preferable to me.

We need assets.  Trading TDA or Risto would COST assets.

The assets they get now for Sanheim will be more valuable than a 30+ yo Sanheim several years from now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

We need assets.  Trading TDA or Risto would COST assets.

The assets they get now for Sanheim will be more valuable than a 30+ yo Sanheim several years from now.

Provorov would bring back more than Sanhiem? I mean that's what I think,  maybe not though, 9's trajectory is not on the green arrow pointed up.

In my worst case scenario one of them is gone.

I also wonder; How does having 10 extra picks I. 25 (for instance) help build the team?

I don't all the way disagree with what you're saying. The team needs high talent players.

I really think Sanheim's work ethic and professionalism are things I'd like the team to retain while acquiring the generational talents.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think the Pens win the first cup vs Detroit without BG in that room.

How long would it have taken Sid to learn those things on his own?

Maybe. Maybe not

What are the "things"? Crosby played great but was still an asshole

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

You don't mean Sanheim do you?

If we're talking Hayes or Ristolainen I'd love to see Chuck make one of his patented overpays to get rid of them both. Next year's draft is looking too good to part with our #1 (we do still have our #1 pick for next year don't we???) but anything and everything else should be on the table.

But of course it'll never happen. The Flyers love what those 2 bring....all those exciting Big Hits, the groovy dangling with the puck! Oh yay.

I am talking about Sanheim, but I’m making a comment on Chuck’s (lack of) competence. 

17 hours ago, CoachX said:

Maybe. Maybe not

What are the "things"? Crosby played great but was still an asshole

Early in his career i thought he was selfish. He killed his team's momentum by engaging in every slight, every stink eye and face wash. He spent too much time officiating the game. In short he was an immature brat. Bill Gurien helped redirect that energy.

tl:dr boys need men.

Edited by mojo1917

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

tl:dr boys need men.

This is why not signing Jagr was such a tragic mistake for Claude Giroux's development, especially with Pronger going down.

Also, too, my long in development YA adventure history novel where Kimmo Timonen is named captain instead of Mike Richards, but I digress...

:hocky:

• Like 3

I'm thinking they could maybe flip Sanheim for a newly drafted center to a team in need of some help now on the blueline.

They have York, Attard, Zamula, Ginning and Andrea to eventually fill some holes. Not sure who they could target or what team but it might be the best thing for the future.

The downside scary part is it would be Chuck trading him so i can see him being fleeced. So i wish i could say i could trust them to get a good return. 

• Like 2

This rumor was part of yesterday's "Top Shelf Hockey" segment on YouTube.  It might come to pass at the deadline if we are an absolutely horrible franchise and there's a pot-of-gold coming from a trade partner. But for the time being, he is probably one of the few "keepers" on the squad.  

Fletcher and the Command Staff don't warrant further attention for now.  However, if we don't see any improvement in the last 2/3rds of the season, I think they're probably out. 

• Like 2

Another thought I just had, and for all I know someone else has already made it, Fletcher should not be entrusted to make any more moves. He should be put in lame duck status. Prior to the deadline, assuming nothing good happens (how could it), he should be removed and the replacement should come in. Between now and then, start vetting suitable candidates, then lets Torts decide who should be GM. Hes the only MF'r in the building who has a friggin clue

Edited by CoachX
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Another I just had, and for all I know someone else has already made it, Fletcher should not be entrusted to make any more moves. He should be put in lame duck status. Prior to the deadline, assuming nothing good happens (how could it), he should be removed and the replacement should come in. Between now and then, start vetting suitable candidates, then lets Torts decide who should be GM. Hes the only MF'r in the building who has a friggin clue

I'm ready for the switch to Danny sure we have no idea what he can/could do but i would prefer him over Chuck right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm ready for the switch to Danny sure we have no idea what he can/could do but i would prefer him over Chuck right now.

I don't want another Flyer retread, but at this point, I'd take anyone

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I don't want another Flyer retread, but at this point, I'd take anyone

Yeah well at this point we don't have a choice i have given up on what we really want so i chose the lesser of two evils.

It seems it has to be either Chuck or Danny and well i chose Danny because as of now Danny gives us hope till well he shows he doesn't.

We know what Chuck brings - getting bent over in a trade.....can't afford that any longer time for change.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, GratefulFlyers said:

If we're talking Hayes or Ristolainen I'd love to see Chuck make one of his patented overpays to get rid of them both. Next year's draft is looking too good to part with our #1 (we do still have our #1 pick for next year don't we???) but anything and everything else should be on the table.

HA...yes we do, I thought same thing and had to look it up, ugh.  mock draft i saw had us picking sixth

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...