Flyers Ticket Pass: A Comment on the Franchise Status

Howie58

Howdy:

I hope the gang is well during the summer break.  When signing Hayden Hodgson is big news, the news is thin.

Meanwhile, if you haven't seen this, I received an e-mail that was on NHL.com as well:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/tickets/pass-program

$99 buys you access to four games a month.  The games and seats are determined by the Flyers, and you could get standing room in their bar.  While the opener is against NJ, the remainder are not what I'd call hot tix.  

They must be having a tough time with selling even the partial season's passes.  For people who aren't that picky, it could be a decent deal.  That said, the product ain't selling, with or without Torts.

Best,

Howie

• Like 1

I've been contacted 3 separate times this week asking me if I was interested in that 99$ plan and just whether I would be interested in a season tix plan.

I told the agents no thanks.

I wasn't a season ticket holder in the past. 

We did go to Star Wars night, sat in the night club level or whatever they call it and had more fun not watching hockey than we did watching a dreadful ass-whupping at the hands of the Bruins.

Because of that, I think they think we don't care what the team plays like.

I would go to Star Wars night again. It was fun. But not until the team is better.

I feel panic from these ticketing agents, when they speak with me.

Seems like things aren't going well and people aren't being nice to them.

It's not their fault the team sucks.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Fletcher and his crew are on a short leash. If this team isn't playing .500 hockey by Turkey Day, I suspect he is gone.  

IMHO, this team will be no where near .500 come Turkey Day….

I see 2 maybe 3 winnable games. This team has to face Leafs/Bruins/Lightning/Panthers/Preds/Rangers / Canes / Flames / Capitals / Stars and much improved Devils and Senator squads and now a Johnny Hockey Blue Jackets squad. 

The only reasonably good chance of getting a win is vs. Sharks/Habs

This team is going down in flames.

They will be lucky to get 5-6 wins in the first 20 games.  Out of the gate I am predicting 5-15 or 6-14 records here.

Folks, I don’t care Torts is now the HC. This team as currently constructed and put together will not be .500 or by Thanksgiving.  

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 4
  • Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I feel panic from these ticketing agents, when they speak with me.

Seems like things aren't going well and people aren't being nice to them.

It's not their fault the team sucks.

It isn't. But making those calls can't be fun, especially when people answer just to say how displeased they are.

They've stopped calling me after three years of no response.

I'd love to have another surprise break out star, but this franchise took the last one and made the last ten years out of him.

This organization* has serious issues.

• Like 4

They stopped calling me.as well several years back. What's strange is that my attendance was limited to the Black Friday game while visiting from Florida. I would tell the agents that even an 11 game pack was not an option. They didn't get it. They would tell me to put my unused tix up for sale. My response was 1: Why would I do that knowing the resale would be heavily discounted; and 2) my brother in the area would not want them. They have given up.

• Like 1

It sounds like a good deal until you realize you're probably sitting way upstairs. PO games, rivalry games aside, the closer you are to the ice the better. I highly doubt these $99 deals will offer any 100-level seats.

Like most Flyers' fans I have no interest in supporting this club now. Get rid of Fletcher, give the new GM complete control then we'll see...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Get rid of Fletcher, give the new GM complete control then we'll see...

WOW.... now there is a clear, concise, move to think about.... Huh Bobby and Paul? Any chance the two of you might just "go away" already.... and perhaps lead Scott out the door with you with a carrot on a stick?

Ticket package is laughable. I barely accepted the FREE Row 13 seats to see them play in Boston this year..... Son is making me go. Father Son tradition.... :)

The $20 in gas, $15 for parking, $50+ for food/drinks and $10 round trip subway fare is a lot for me to swallow. FORGET actually paying for the ticket!

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Man, i love reading the optimistic views....

It's JMO, but i think having Torts alone will raise the win total by at least 10-20 games.

I agree they should win more games just because of Tortorella. A new HC always brings a spark of life - at least for awhile. And if Couturier is back 100% the Flyers (hopefully) won't be a complete embarrassment the way they were last year. But that defense is ... not good.

Progression of the young players may be the big plus.  I don't see healthy Coots and Hayes as a big deal. They help to anchor mediocrity.  A Tippett-Cates-Frost line that gels might make a difference. All in--lucky if we are .500.  

A new GM won't have many degrees of freedom given the wreckage of CF.  Yes, some cap space when JVR and other depart.  But that's about it.  Yes, a first rounder will help, but not in the short-term.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Progression of the young players may be the big plus.

Welcome to five years ago...

Not hashing on you, Howie, just the frikkin franchise here.

It's really all we have.

We'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

This begging of the fans to PLEEEEEASE come to watch our crappy team play is so laughable it hurts. The upper management of the team is basically saying we suck, we don't care and we aren't doing anything about it. They have taken stubborn and ignorant to another level. My pledge to comcast is when they fire the chucktard and Homer I will happily drive to the WFC and throw away some money. 

• Like 1