Nodl waived

Guest brelic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see what this means, roster-wise. I'm glad they waived him, but that still doesn't explain Shelley taking up perfectly good cap money.

Guess they figure with Pronger on LTIR, they can fit Schenn and the defensive replacements.

@brelic

This is cap related but I don't blame Homer for this one. This is a rash of injuries that would have challenged most teams.

Meanwhile, if Nodl clears (a question mark even given the fact that he isn't healthy) he's gone until the playoffs because it is a near certainty that a healthy Nodl would get picked up on re entry.

I hope that the new CBA allows buyouts.

Given the amount of time Bryzgalov is spending on the bench and the amount of time Pronger is spending on operating tables, I think buyouts may become a more important CBA objective for the Flyers. I've said elsewhere that I see one time buyout provisions as a likely feature of the next CBA because there doesn't appear to be a constituency that strongly opposes one time buy outs.

Absolutely, positively not.

Bouwmeester is overrated, overpaid, and soft.

He's just sucked the last two seasons. He's provided only marginally more offense than Coburn despite all the power play time and is among the softest big men in the league.

Pronger is a game changer. I just do not understand all the injuries.

If you all could only buy out one, which would it be Pronger or Bryzgalov.

I say Pronger. I have a lot of respect for him, but it just seems that his better playing days are behind him.

Bryzgalov on the other hand. I still am shaking my head on..... oh well 8.75 years to go.

umm....i believe that constituency would be called the 'NHL Players Association'

Why would they be so opposed to it? Players could receive huge lump sums from the league's rich teams who want to shuffle the deck, after which players can sign as UFA's anywhere they want. The issue is the amount of the pay out for a terminated contract and the two sides have a history of being able to sort that issue out.

I think we need a clarification here: If Nodl outscores Jagr, but he does it while in the AHL, does that fulfill Aziz's prediction????

YES! i didn't say **where** he'd outscore jagr. ;)

haha... this could make your prediction come true. maybe he gets picked by another team and plays every day.

I am thinking Homer put Nodl on wavers over Shelley because he wants another team to pick him up and create a roster spot to bring someone from outside in.

that's a decent guess. I'm also thinking that the last game Nodl played, he left early due to injury when he and Briere skated into each other. Maybe he got the waive since because he was recently banged up, no body would bother going for him, kinda like Betts? Or maybe this team is really ready to move on from Nodl.