Flyers have a rehab plan for Ellis, it took 6 months just for a plan

Story online today, Ellis has a hip problem and they have a plan for rehab, no surgery. Considering the number of injuries and multiple surgeries many of our guys have been through, how can we trust the medical staff? It took 6 months just to come up with a plan?  Do we honestly think that he will be ready in September? He should have been rehabbing this whole time and skating over the summer. It gets more ridiculous by the day. 

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Story online today, Ellis has a hip problem and they have a plan for rehab, no surgery. Considering the number of injuries and multiple surgeries many of our guys have been through, how can we trust the medical staff? It took 6 months just to come up with a plan?  Do we honestly think that he will be ready in September? He should have been rehabbing this whole time and skating over the summer. It gets more ridiculous by the day. 

Hey think about this for a minute.

How many times have we as fans complained about guys being rushed back ?

The body is pretty complex and if the usual diagnoses aren't finding the problem do you want the doctors and trainers to be like, "well its in the pelvic region and this treatment works on pelvises so lets do that, if we're not right what could go wrong"?

Or would you rather the team of docs keep investigating until they know the problem and how to go forward ?

If it's my pelvis I want option B please .

Also I saw this today and I think it helps make my point.

https://twitter.com/dsilver88/status/1520726836325588992?s=20&t=7EXDNwqicN1eiVj5m2ljuA

• Like 1

From an article online ....

Considering the rumors regarding a disconnect between Ellis’ camp and the Flyers regarding how to address his injury, direct reassurances from the player himself were more than welcome to fans wondering if they’d ever get to see Ellis play another game in Orange & Black. But what exactly was the injury in the first place? Ellis was initially vague, before ultimately opening up a bit more about specifics. According to Ellis, it was a “multi-layered” problem, which explains why it took so long to officially diagnose.

“It’s, I guess, the complex of the whole pelvic region, more or less,” he said. “It’s hard to pinpoint everything.”

So it indeed was a core region issue with multiple problems. But in the last month and a half, according to Ellis, doctors finally pinpointed the root cause, and put together what they believe will be a successful action plan. Ellis won’t be undergoing surgery; he noted that “nothing’s broken enough” for a surgery to help. Instead, they’ll be embarking on a different path.

“It’s treatments, it’s corrections. Healthier tissue, healthier everything really,” Ellis said. “A lot of workouts and therapy in that sense.”

Over the next month, Ellis plans to ramp up his efforts in the gym. Then, two weeks after that, the goal is to return to the ice. Then comes a significant ramp-up in July and August, with the goal of being ready for training camp in September.

That’s right — Ellis expects to be ready for camp. And he made it clear that he wants to be in Philadelphia.

“I just want to play here. I want to be part of the solution here,” Ellis said. “I think I can really help out this team. My family loves it here. My kids love it here. If I were playing, this would be heaven for me. The only reason it is not is because I’m not playing.”

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

It gets more ridiculous by the day.

The only saving grace is this is they only gave up Myers and Patrick for him. Neither has done squat and Myers was waived around the NHL and even Ron didn't put in a claim for him.

But if this is all the news is - after waiting this long that is sad.

The worst part is the decision only delays surgery.

If this is Ellis doing this i understand.

I am good with an athlete deciding what happens to his body because he is the one stuck with it after they retire.

I wouldn't want my employer having a say so after my X rays or MRIs that is a personal decision.

And theirs is from a business decision so if this is from Flyer management well i would be pissed.

And i know how is that fair to feel that way and all i can tell you is that is the way i feel.

I guess the only they can do is LTIR his cap hit i guess. SMGDH.

So basically plan 2022-23 without Ellis too...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

“It’s, I guess, the complex of the whole pelvic region, more or less,” he said. “It’s hard to pinpoint everything.”

I feels like Rathje all over again right?? Who said this the first time i think it was @Howie58

And yeah it feels just like it. He came back and played like 18 games with back/hip problems.

If he was a mule he would be brought out back and shot. But i can't remember if he ever had surgery or if he just did rehab or what my brain might not even ever known this.

This makes me mad because i have always like his game always loved the Canes/Preds battles there were some good ones.

And always wanted the Flyers to trade for one of two Preds besides the obvious Josi was Ellis and Ekblad.

Oh well Flyers luck....

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feels like Rathje all over again right?? Who said this the first time i think it was @Howie58

And yeah it feels just like it. He came back and played like 18 games with back/hip problems.

If he was a mule he would be brought out back and shot. But i can't remember if he ever had surgery or if he just did rehab or what my brain might not even ever known this.

This makes me mad because i have always like his game always loved the Canes/Preds battles there were some good ones.

And always wanted the Flyers to trade for one of two Preds besides the obvious Josi was Ellis and Ekblad.

Oh well Flyers luck....

You hope the guy can come back and plays steady.  The last thing we want is him to be in and out of the lineup all year and our defense be a total joke again. If he's not gonna be reliable .and we are committing 5 million in cap space, then we are definitely better off with him on LTIR or just retiring. You know if he is hurt again. , Fletcher will be giving up picks and players for another declining veteran dman. 

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

You hope the guy can come back and plays steady.  The last thing we want is him to be in and out of the lineup all year and our defense be a total joke again. If he's not gonna be reliable .and we are committing 5 million in cap space, then we are definitely better off with him on LTIR or just retiring. You know if he is hurt again. , Fletcher will be giving up picks and players for another declining veteran dman. 

Well not having Yandle AND Risto on the ice alone adds between 6-8 wins to the total right there.

No more JVR adds 2-3 wins.

And maybe a better top 6 adds about 3-5 wins so yeah right there as a chance to get in and win...so 11 more wins is marginal improvement.

Ellis or not.

Maybe with Ellis 5 more wins.

Everything is a crap shoot at this point.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Maybe a competent head coach and staff adds 3 or 4 more wins.

Maybe a competent goaltending coach adds 4 or 5 more wins with better goaltending that's properly prepared and taught the proper technique needed to succeed at the NHL level.

Hell yeah we going President Cup or go the fcuk home!!!!

:DancingGrape:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Maybe a competent goaltending coach adds 4 or 5 more wins with better goaltending that's properly prepared and taught the proper technique needed to succeed at the NHL level.

Maybe someone can give Haysee the kick in the arse he needs and he can actually put some effort into skating back after one of his turnovers...there's 4 or 5 more wins. Heck, if Fletcher could undo everything he did they could break the 79/80 Flyers 35 game unbeaten streak! :DancingGrape:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well finally.  I’m glad to hear all the right words, that he loves Philly and wants to be part of the solution.

But I share @RonJeremy’s concern because despite the hopeful talk it also sounds like without saying it they’re leaving open the possibility that he’s FUBAR. I wasn’t expecting an exact date for his return but this sounds awfully vague to me, like 50-50 and no better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

A Good PP and PK  adds many more wins

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I'm pretty sure Ellis hasn't been sitting around catching up in Yellowstone

16 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Jordan Hall's article is simply the essence of this organization's propaganda machine.  How convenient that it's posted after the season ends

Yes, I really wish the Flyers would be like all the rest of the teams in the NHL and tell us fans the whole truth whenever we want it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Flyers have to win more draws. Now that Giroux's gone none of the Flyers are in the top 50 FO win%. That has to change. It's not just the centers it's a team-wide stat. They all need to up their game in the FO circle.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
spelling