Race for Wright…..

pilldoc

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

Full on tanking is a bad idea. Stripping away the rot is good and building with youth can work, but you need to build around a core of some sort. If you go right down to nothing there's too many holes to fill. 

drafts make or break teams and some of it is luck. 2017 Patrick seemed like a lottery win for us but in hindsight Makar or Heiskenan would have obviously served us better but who knew? Most people thought Patrick would be a great pick. 

The problem is our management always thinks we're a Kevin Hayes away from competing. So they outbid themselves on guys who just aren't gamechangers, then we're stuck with that contract for a few years while they're chasing down the next dumb one. 

Right now we have JVRs, Hayes, Ristolainens and soon to be...Gaudreaus? Or Kessel? Kadri, after his complete outlier of a season? 31 years old...That's got Flyer stupidity written all over it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Something has to give or i have nothing but football to watch next year...

****, Flyers are so bad this year, I actually started watching basketball(which I haven't traditionally 'cept for playoffs). 

Luckily, the Sixers are actually fun to watch and they seemed to have turned the volume down on that incessant shoe squeaking. 

:cheers:

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Good player, but we'll end up getting him as his game starts to deteriorate (as usual) and he'll just help make us good enough to draft in the middle of the pack, and never good enough to win anything.

So, just in time then.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

When did Flyers hockey get so bad?  

When Ed passed?

The salary cap?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

So, just in time then.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

When did Flyers hockey get so bad?  

When Ed passed?

The salary cap?

I know right? 

I honestly don't think these clowns could tank this well if they tried.

• Sad 1