Post Deadline Evaluation

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Myself I try my best to land Josh Manson to tutor young York on the 3rd pair and I would even give him 2nd pair money for two reasons one he would be the coach on ice and maybe by mid season if need be due to struggles you could bump Josh up to help steady Sanheim.

While I wouldn't want to overpay him too badly adding Manson imo would be a good idea. 

• Like 1

The sad truth is there really wasn't anything to be done about the state of this team at this year's trade deadline. The needs we have right now run very deep, and there's just no way any GM could fix this sinking ship. That's not me saying Fletch did a good job in any way, or that I trust him with building this team going forward (I don't), but if we're being honest here, there was absolutely zero chance this team was going to be an impact team this year.

I'm not at all interested in the injuries excuse. Would the team have been better without injuries? Yes, of course. The same can be said of every team in NHL history. Would having those injured players have taken this from a bottom five team (which is exactly what they are) to being a playoff team? I'm honestly doubtful. At the very best, we might have had the treat of watching them crash and burn in the first round again. I'm not really sure that should be considered success...

This team came into the season as a weak team and are ending the season as a weak team. Arguing over whether they're just weak or very weak is largely besides the point. This team needs a lot of things. It needs way more than can ever be obtained in just a trade deadline. Next year's Flyers are gonna suck guys. They are. Of course they are. The absolute best we can expect of next year's Flyers is a lot of luck leading them to a first round exit, and even just that is far from a sure thing.

As far as where to start with moving forward, I think we've all beat the horse enough by now. Yes, in an ideal world, the brass would be put out to pasture. That includes Fletch of course, but also Homer and Clarke and in a perfect world it would also include Scott. Will any of those things happen? Well Homer and Clarke and Scott definitely not. Fletch? I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But yes, what this team needs most right now is a set of people who can provide better direction and vision than what that crowd has offered over the past way too long.

Aside from that, this team needs top end talent. We don't have it. We need it. I guess if there's any possible silver lining here it's that we have a better shot at landing top talent by picking early than not, so that's something. Obviously I wish we weren't in the position of having to rely on fantastic draft picks right now, but that's exactly where we are. We need an influx of top talent, and we need to have a vision that lends itself to building a successful team. Until we get those things, we should continue to expect the same style of bad Flyers teams.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 11:33 PM, elmatus said:

The sad truth is there really wasn't anything to be done about the state of this team at this year's trade deadline.

I won't speak for anyone else but i wasn't expecting them really to add much most of us just wanted them to purge as much as they could. But let's be honest we also kind of knew no one would be interested in much of their junk. And here we are.

As long as next season these folks aren't back i can live with it.

JVR

Yandle

Thompson

Brown

Willman

Connauton

Seeler 

I will call it progress.

86 Joel Farabee - 14 Sean Couturier - 89 Cam Atkinson
23 Oskar Lindblom - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 48 Morgan Frost - 74 Owen Tippett
 17 Zack MacEwen - 20 Tanner Laczynski - 77 Wade Allison

9 Ivan Provorov - 94 Ryan Ellis
6 Travis Sanheim - 70 Rasmus Ristolainen
45 Cam York - 42 Josh Manson

55 Sam Morin

79 Carter Hart
32 Felix Sandstrom

I can live with this next season while the try and get this roster right.

My only addition and it is a huge reach would be Josh Manson.

I know why would he want to come here and i don't have an answer but it is my wish and i am going with it.

Sure i also see this team again not making the playoffs but making progress as far as getting better.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Fixed lineup no clone of York

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I won't speak for anyone else but i wasn't expecting them really to add much most of us just wanted them to purge as much as they could. But let's be honest we also kind of knew no one would be interested in much of their junk. And here we are.

JVR

Yandle

Thompson

Brown

Willman

Connauton

Seeler 

I will call it progress.

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York

55 Sam Morin

35 Martin Jones

32 Felix Sandstrom

I know why would he want to come here and i don't have an answer but it is my wish and i am going with it.

Sure i also see this team again not making the playoffs but making progress as far as getting better.

I have a few issues here...if you're going to clone someone make it Couturier, not York. I see Risto is still on the roster, so you don't think they buy him out before his contract starts? Could put Chuckie in the record books.

Where's your Minnesotans?

And I prefer Carter Hart over Martin Jones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:30 AM, OccamsRazor said:

JVR

Yandle

Thompson

Brown

Willman

Connauton

Seeler 

I will call it progress.

9 Ivan Provorov - 94 Ryan Ellis

55 Sam Morin

35 Martin Jones

32 Felix Sandstrom

Pretty much everything except Carter Hart. Not sure why you bailed on him, imo he has not peaked yet, far from it. Goalies are weird. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Pretty much everything except Carter Hart. Not sure why you bailed on him, imo he has not peaked yet, far from it. Goalies are weird. 

Damn a mistake by me damn oh hell no i meant to remove Jones and no i am not bailing on Hart.

Damn i was sober when i made this...thanks for pointing out my mistake. Fixed.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Damn a mistake by me damn oh hell no i meant to remove Jones and no i am not bailing on Hart.

Damn i was sober when i made this...thanks for pointing out my mistake. Fixed.

lol, maybe you've discovered the secret to it all. Maybe Fletcher and company dip into the sauce too often. Would explain the Risto deal, cause if they are sober.......................

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, CRAP....
That means Fletcher missed his chance to get a handshake agreement with the Leaves® for a Marner for Provorov swap on draft day!! :ph34r:

Yeah now it's going to have to be Marner and at least a 2nd for Ivan.

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup