I'm done

Fizz

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If he plays good for a season or two, that's NOT a win on a 6 year deal. 

And if he gets hurt after 4 games it's not a disaster.

I'm glad you're not a doctor. 

After i tore my ACL you'd be advocating for taking it off at the hip...

🤣

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

When though so we have to wait the full 6 years???

I'm sure so.

Isn't that the length of the contract? 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

And if he gets hurt after 4 games it's not a disaster.

I'm glad you're not a doctor. 

After i tore my ACL you'd be advocating for taking it off at the hip...

🤣

It's not a disaster...but its also not a win on a trade that has 6 years tagged on it.

Every time this comes up I say I like "playing" Ellis. He just isn't. 🤣 

30 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Look how good JVR was for 20 games last year...does that make his 5 year deal a win?

Should have answered this in the other response oh well sue me.

No because i am familar with JVR's body of work and never like this....you know what i did to judge Ellis...like what used to judge Risto.

Which i heard and listened to and respected but just like most stuff i am not sure i about i like to form my own opinion and you are looking dead right now about that...which as duely noted here concerns me greatly about Chucks and his abilities.

So i did the same to try and deduced with Ellis and some of were saying we never ever got to really see the team Chuck assembled in the offseason. And it is unfortunate Ryan got hurt because Stevie Wonder can see they could use his skill and experience.

Not say it would have made them a playoff team once they lost their 1st and 2nd line center but not many teams can lose their #1 and #2 center along with their arguably #1 defenseman.

If there is someone needs to refresh my memory.

How's Haysees deal looking, he looked so good for his first 1/2 season.

See my comment about injuries above. And once again not Kevin's fault he was overpaid/cast as a 3rd line center.

But when he is healthy and not producing he will be subject of the wrath of the fans because he is getting compensated to produce.

16 points while being rushed back in 28 games still projects to about his average 47 points in an 82 game schedule.

So is he overpaid yes but injuries change everything i hope you never label Hart a bust when he numbers don't add up like we have seen.

I get it let's all just hope this gets fixed so we don't end up taking all our angst out on one another here. At the end we all want one common goal we just differ in how we think it should be done.

And i'm at the point i don't even know anymore just someone make it stop.

I hope in the end I'm here saying what a great deal Ellis was.

I know you do. And i hope i am right for once too. Otherwise it will be 6 years of anger.

I do not want to have to pick up a pitchfork and join you...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Isn't that the length of the contract? 

Yes and my point why after 4 games to you guys get to call it a bust/disaster insert < negative comment > and we all have to wait.

I can't wait to know why.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Should have answered this in the other response oh well sue me.

No because i am familar with JVR's body of work and never like this....you know what i did to judge Ellis...like what used to judge Risto.

Which i heard and listened to and respected but just like most stuff i am not sure i about i like to form my own opinion and you are looking dead right now about that...which as duely noted here concerns me greatly about Chucks and his abilities.

So i did the same to try and deduced with Ellis and some of were saying we never ever got to really see the team Chuck assembled in the offseason. And it is unfortunate Ryan got hurt because Stevie Wonder can see they could use his skill and experience.

Not say it would have made them a playoff team once they lost their 1st and 2nd line center but not many teams can lose their #1 and #2 center along with their arguably #1 defenseman.

If there is someone needs to refresh my memory.

See my comment about injuries above. And once again not Kevin's fault he was overpaid/cast as a 3rd line center.

But when he is healthy and not producing he will be subject of the wrath of the fans because he is getting compensated to produce.

16 points while being rushed back in 28 games still projects to about his average 47 points in an 82 game schedule.

So is he overpaid yes but injuries change everything i hope you never label Hart a bust when he numbers don't add up like we have seen.

I get it let's all just hope this gets fixed so we don't end up taking all our angst out on one another here. At the end we all want one common goal we just differ in how we think it should be done.

And i'm at the point i don't even know anymore just someone make it stop.

I know you do. And i hope i am right for once too. Otherwise it will be 6 years of anger.

I do not want to have to pick up a pitchfork and join you...

Nice post. 

I guess I just get sick and tired of these long term contracts to guys who never earned a thing on the Flyers. These types of deals have won us zero cups. They've got us nothing but mediocrity. 

Carter Hart is on a 3 year deal, making half of what the other guys make per season, and having a lot more impact on our wins than any of them. ALL the money he's being paid he's earned as a Flyer. He's one of the least of my worries on this team. 

I just wish we'd stop signing guys for what they used to be, or what management hopes they'll be. 

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I guess I just get sick and tired of these long term contracts to guys who never earned a thing on the Flyers.

I agree and unless you are a sure fire "true generational talent" not the term being thrown around because we'll there should have been only one or a few to be labled that like Gretzky.

Sure Lemieux, A.O., Crosby and Mcdavid i will allow...but other wise only 5 year deals for me.

Mcdavid gets 8 guys like that but for whatever reason these guys want to look like geniuses in say 6 to say hey look how cheap this guy is playing for but that backfires more in their faces than working like they intended.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Carter Hart is on a 3 year deal, making half of what the other guys make per season, and having a lot more impact on our wins than any of them.

And right or wrong after me not being able to see a stud in the Flyers farm system with his pedigree i would make Hart my one exception only because i am partial to this kid.

I feel like we have a franchise goalie like a Price so yes he can have an 8 year deal IF that is what it takes. 

So Hart is my exception to the rule.

• Like 1