I'm done

Fizz

Been a Flyer fan sense 1972.

But I'm done till Fletcher is fired.

If that is all that A-hole could get for Giroux, there is no hope.

Tampa Bay just gained a fan. I will still follow but won't be watching any games.

Sad day for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fizz said:

Tampa Bay just gained a fan. I will still follow but won't be watching any games.

Sad day for me.

Why not the Penguins? You might like it! Hehe! Are you rooting against Giroux?

46 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Giroux controlled where he wanted to go. That lowers the price when the buying team knows that.

It turns it into a "let him walk for nothing, or take what you can get"

I agree...but why does every one of Fletchers trades need someone defending it? Why can't he make a move that is a clear win? Why does every move feel like it's your 2nd round pick for our 2nd round pick, and a 3rd? 

He's taken an up and coming borderline playoff team, made it older, and now a lottery team. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree...but why does every one of Fletchers trades need someone defending it? Why can't he make a move that is a clear win? Why does every move feel like it's your 2nd round pick for our 2nd round pick, and a 3rd? 

He's taken an up and coming borderline playoff team, made it older, and now a lottery team. 

and his process is nearly complete!

Mr. Burns | EHHHXCELLENNNT | image tagged in simpsons,mr burns,excellent | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Mr_Burns_evil.webp

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

It wouldn’t be so bad for the trade to be not win for Philly, but it shouldn’t always be a loss. 
Chuck has never been able to make an even trade, always a loss. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

Elliott Freidman reported that Giroux wouldn't go anywhere else but Florida, so I doubt Fletcher could've gotten anything more out of Florida...

I must be missing something - doesn't this assume that Fletcher (or Giroux) announced before they started negotiating that Giroux will only accept the Panthers? Otherwise only Fletcher and Giroux know that particular detail. So why shouldn't Fletcher demand more?

Of course GMs talk to each other but do they tell each other the truth if they're negotiating for the same player?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

Elliott Freidman reported that Giroux wouldn't go anywhere else but Florida, so I doubt Fletcher could've gotten anything more out of Florida...doesn't change fact that Fletcher still to blame for the Flyers being bad though...

Also heard that the NYR and Bruins both had huge offers on the table, and CG nixed them both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Also heard that the NYR and Bruins both had huge offers on the table, and CG nixed them both.

That's my boy couldn't stomach it. I wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!!

:56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

19 hours ago, Fizz said:

Sad day for me.

Ok. Send us a postcard. Be well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I think most agreed the Ellis trade was a win

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I think most agreed the Ellis trade was a win

Yep big win. 4 games. Atkinson for Voracek, saw off, one old guy for another. You can't retool an NHL team with 30 year olds and gifting draft picks. WTFU everybody. When every GM in the league is smarter than yours, there is no hope.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Yep big win. 4 games. Atkinson for Voracek, saw off, one old guy for another. You can't retool an NHL team with 30 year olds and gifting draft picks. WTFU everybody. When every GM in the league is smarter than yours, there is no hope.

You're right. We are all wrong. We have no business even posting our opinions

Let me know when everything is better so I can come back

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You're right. We are all wrong. We have no business even posting our opinions

Let me know when everything is better so I can come back

We all want the same thing here, we are all a lot tired and frustrated with the state of the Flyers, we are all just venting our opinions  and none of them really matter anyway. So you can come back, we are always welcome and open for business. Everything is just fine, Ferrari finished 1-2 today!

10 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I must be missing something - doesn't this assume that Fletcher (or Giroux) announced before they started negotiating that Giroux will only accept the Panthers? Otherwise only Fletcher and Giroux know that particular detail. So why shouldn't Fletcher demand more?

Of course GMs talk to each other but do they tell each other the truth if they're negotiating for the same player?

Shouldn't have been common knowledge which team Giroux actually wanted to go to or what Giroux shortlist would have been, but very possible these secrets get sold by spies to the highest bidders - or simply Florida GM knows that his team is where players want to go if they want to win a Cup.

9 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

That's also what Friedman reported👍

I just find it funny that NOW people are done. I mean this team's been done for ages so this tipped your scale now? meh, I've gotten pretty detached and half watch the games and miss chunks and don't really care what happens. Games are dull and have been for years now. Only time there's a highlight lately is if Zach gets into one of his hair waving post fight celebrations, that makes me think old time Flyers but then it's gone after that brief moment. 

Worst thing for me is seeing the lowly Sabres actually play better than us. That's a new low point. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

@flyercanuck

You folks still resentful of a man being hurt in a game that is as physical as they come cracks me up.

I hope your employer doesn't fire you when you are sick and call them and tell you are going to be out a week.

Or if you not you but a child or love one is ill.

You know unrealistic expectations and all.

Cheers time for some more coffee.

SMGDH.

:salute:

Edited by OccamsRazor
The Bourbon ain't working...

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@flyercanuck

You folks still resentful of a man being hurt in a game that is as physical as they come cracks me up.

I hope your employer doesn't fire you when you are sick and call them and tell you are going to be out a week.

SMGDH.

And yet again I'll say it...I like Ellis as a player. We have him on a 6 year deal, and so far we've got 4 games out of him. Calling that a win just isn't, in my books. If he plays well for the next few years I'll change my view of it.

I've had these discussions with you about previous deals...Bryz...Hayes...Ristolainen. How are those working out for us?

I'll answer...not good at all. 

I'm not writing off Ellis, and I've said it every time this has come up. But at this point, almost a full season into the deal and with 5 more years on his contract, the Flyers aren't winners here.

@flyercanuck will answer for himself if he wants to but to me the facts speak for themselves. Ellis has played 4 games for the Flyers so far. It's hard to see that as a "win" for the Flyers. 

I hope like every other Flyers' fan he gets healthy and plays great the next 5 years...still not my favorite trade even if he hadn't got hurt (again). But I'm hoping it turns out well for the Flyers.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

@flyercanuck

SMGDH.

Ellis was already broken when he arrived in Philly. That's not his fault. Poile wouldn't have given him away if it wasn't so. Just another day in Chucks life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

Ellis was already broken when he arrived in Philly. That's not his fault. Poile wouldn't have given him away if it wasn't so. Just another day in Chucks life.

Guy wasn't broken in his last playoff run which was bounced by the Canes the goaltending and lack of scoring let the Preds down.

In 6 playoff games he had 1 goal and 4 assist 5 points in those games.

Tell me when was the last time the Flyers had a defenseman score 5 points in a single round?

It took Travis Sanheim and Provorov 16 games in 2019-20 to snag 7 and 8 respectively.

Other than that you have to go back to Kimmo in 2010-11 and he still needed 11 games to rack up 6 points.

So yeah i'm going to give Ellis a chance to skate and play and show he can't play anymore before i rush to judge.

I want all you folks when he does show he can play again and help, please come back and take your medicine is all.

See you then.

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want all you folks when he does show he can play again and help, please come back and take your medicine is all.

See you then.

If Ellis ends up being worth having for that 6 year contract, I'll be first in line. If he plays good for a season or two, that's NOT a win on a 6 year deal. 

Look how good JVR was for 20 games last year...does that make his 5 year deal a win? Hell no. How's Haysees deal looking, he looked so good for his first 1/2 season. Problem is it's a 7 year contract. He's got 88 points as a Flyer in 3 seasons. For $7 million a year. For a guy who doesn't bring much else, other than his buddies (who aren't much help either) that's a lot of money for a little production. 

I hope in the end I'm here saying what a great deal Ellis was. Fletchers history of great deals tells me otherwise. And the beginning of this deal looks all Fletcher.

• Like 3