When will management write off the season and start playing the younger guys to prep them for next year

RonJeremy

I hope Fletcher trades G a few weeks before the deadline , so it ensures us losing enough games to be in the top five for the draft.  Then we  can bench some of the useless vets who are not coming back next year and play some of the younger guys to give them some NHL experience, so they are better prepared for next season. 

mr freeze polar vortex GIF

The average age of the bottom six rightnow is 23.8 - and only because Mayhew (the last week's bright spot) is 29.

They should definitely try to get a skate sharpener for Braun and retain salary on JVR. I'm not sanguine anyone takes Yandle, even if he approves it.

They already apparently turned down an offer for Jones...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Management doesn't want the young guys to get injured. With the trade deadline looming they need those trade chips along with draft picks to snag all the Nate Thompsons and Justin Brauns from around the league. 

you know ...you are not far from the truth ....sadly. (SMH)

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Three of those guys are in the lineup and the other (Allison) is injured...

I know, but we need to give them as much ice time as possible,  to better prepare them for next year.  The next 30 games should be like a long exhibition season. I don't want to see Brassard and Charlie Brown taking minutes away from these guys.

32 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I know, but we need to give them as much ice time as possible,  to better prepare them for next year.  The next 30 games should be like a long exhibition season. I don't want to see Brassard and Charlie Brown taking minutes away from these guys.

They need to get rid of Brassard/Thompson - no question. Those guys were here to be the veteran bottom six guys who would have the experience a "definitely a playoff team" needed. To your point, they gain nothing from having guys in their mid-30s on one year deals in the lineup.

Brown is signed for next year and as a waiver claim has to stay on the roster. Connauton also is a must keep on roster guy as a waiver pickup. I doubt there's much trade value in either (happy to be wrong).

I have a feeling Charlie Brown is going to keep kicking the football...

23 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Then we  can bench some of the useless vets who are not coming back next year

do we know who these guys are?

If we are tanking, and these worthless vets are a cause of it, seems to me letting them play would be a good idea. The team keeps sucking, has no chance to improve, and we don't have to worry about getting the young kids hurt...or rehurt, AGAIN (allison)

to your point of letting the kids play to gain experience... that makes sense too

I'll read about the decision they went with in our forum in June

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Three of those guys are in the lineup and the other (Allison) is injured...

Ya, I was wondering who he meant that was down there but hadn't played up yet. the prospect cupboard isn't very full, which is part of the problem obviously. 

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If we are tanking, and these worthless vets are a cause of it, seems to me letting them play would be a good idea. The team keeps sucking, has no chance to improve, and we don't have to worry about getting the young kids hurt...or rehurt, AGAIN (allison)

to your point of letting the kids play to gain experience... that makes sense too

Brassard, Charlie Brown, Canautin and Thompson won’t be back.  If we dump Risto, then I’m sure they will give Braun another contract. I would rather have the young guys play and lose every game 5-1 because of rookie mistakes instead of dressing defensive players Brown and Brassard and still lose every game 3-1 . We can’t score , so I’d rather take my chances with young guys who actually have a little offensive skill than a bunch of washed up stiffs with no offensive skill. Maybe they can develop some chemistry for next year. As long as Coots , Hayes and Ellis don’t come back we will probably get the fifth or sixth pick. There are a couple of real good guys that will be available in the draft at 5 or 6 but  we don’t want to drop any lower. The last thing we need is a winning streak to put us out of the position to get one of the better players. As Marcellus Wallace said , F pride.

12 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya, I was wondering who he meant that was down there but hadn't played up yet. the prospect cupboard isn't very full, which is part of the problem obviously. 

If Lacynski and Foerester make it back , I would send them to the Phantoms for a few weeks and then give them a few games with the Flyers too. I would also give Zamula a few games down the stretch.

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

P.S. you are right about taking a chance on our young guys getting injured but on a good note , they would have all summer to recuperate, 😂 

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Maybe they should just play one line to give the young guys as much ice time as possible.