Isaac Ratcliffe-Connor Bunnaman-Zack MacEwen

Defensemen

Ivan Provorov-Justin Braun

Travis Sanheim-Rasmus Ristolainen

Keith Yandle-Cam York

Goalies

Carter Hart

Martin Jones

I am unsure about Frost--talk of him being out.  I guess you stick with what wins.  

Edited by Howie58

36 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Odds on this game are about even; comparative stats aren't much different:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nhl-game/winnipeg-jets-philadelphia-flyers/108075

The Winnipeg penalty kill is among the league's worst.   I have not seen anything on lineup.  

So, they'll score lots of shorthanded goals on us..

Can we make it two in a row?????

27 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

So, they'll score lots of shorthanded goals on us..

Can we make it two in a row?????

Yes, given our history, two shorties against us wouldn't surprise.  At this point, if we avoid embarrassing losses, I'm happy.  This is audition time.  If Mayhew or Ratcliffe scores, cool.  Bring up Egor Z. Personal and organizational growth count.  Sadly, I don't think anyone would care if JVR or Laughton scored.  JVR is probably too expensive to trade.  Laughton...OK, but probably the save as JVR.  Again, I just want growth and respectability.  See if Frost is OK.  Bring up whomever.  Just keep it competitive and grow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Is the new Assistant coach with the murder face behind the bench yet or his he still in COVID protocol ?

D4ABDB5D-E765-48B6-A6D7-705174B2E161.jpeg

Wow i've never seen Patrick Warburton that mad before...some good acting.

Patrick-Warburton.thumb.jpg.722a834007a4398e045102a72222e002.jpg

I hope he has the acting chops....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Flyers have won 2 games in a row.....no really i swear....

It's our yearly rite as Flyer fans to watch the team go on a losing run to get eliminated from the playoffs, then go on a winning run so we lose out on a top pick.

It's Groundhog Year.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

It's our yearly rite as Flyer fans to watch the team go on a losing run to get eliminated from the playoffs, then go on a winning run so we lose out on a top pick.

It's Groundhog Year.

I wish that wasn't true - I'm excited and ready for their big run to the 9th seed...can't hardly wait...

:beer:

• Haha 1

Not only are they playing their way out of a top ten pick but I keep hearing rumors that Briere will be the next GM with Tochett as the coach.  And I'm sure Lappy will end up behind the bench again as well.  These nitwits just can't stop following the same old philosophy that has made them the Cleveland Browns of hockey.  Start stealing personnel from clubs that have won something in the 21st Century.  That would not only help your team but cripple the opponents as well.

14 minutes ago, Poconono said:

that Briere will be the next GM with Tochett as the coach. 

Well I my mind it is an improvement over the current group I think.

Sure ain't saying much and Briere has not very much GM experience besides some ECHL club stuff that I'm aware but I'll take change.

Basically a different deck chair for the deck is all, it is still the titanic...

:BrownBag:

26 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Not only are they playing their way out of a top ten pick but I keep hearing rumors that Briere will be the next GM with Tochett as the coach.  And I'm sure Lappy will end up behind the bench again as well.  These nitwits just can't stop following the same old philosophy that has made them the Cleveland Browns of hockey.  Start stealing personnel from clubs that have won something in the 21st Century.  That would not only help your team but cripple the opponents as well.

Well the good news is Briere doesn't have 11 years of proof he isn't a good GM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would love to know what Briere's resume is for being a GM other than having been a former Flyer.  I am seeing Comcast propaganda about how he is rising through the ranks.  At least with Yzerman you had a history of leadership on and off the ice.  Danny didn't strike me as a leader - he was never a captain and, though a clutch scorer, seemed to me a selfish player:  hooking the opposing player behind the net in the offensive zone when he lost a puck battle was his specialty.

On the other hand, this makes me think he has all the experience he will ever need:

Less than a month into the 2008–09 season, on October 22, Brière suffered another abdominal tear requiring surgery. He was expected to be sidelined at least a month,[12] but returned within half that time on November 8 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.[13] In the next game, however, against the New York Islanders on November 11, he suffered a groin pull,[14] sidelining him for nine games. In his first game back, Brière suffered yet another setback; he re-injured his groin on December 3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.[15] Preparing to make a return to the Flyers lineup, he was assigned to the Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL on January 13, 2009, to play three games on a conditioning basis.[16] Brière finished the season having played in just 29 games for the Flyers, recording 11 goals and 14 assists. The Flyers were eliminated for the second consecutive year in the playoffs by the Pittsburgh Penguins, the eventual Stanley Cup champions. Brière scored one goal along with three assists in the series.

4 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I would love to know what Briere's resume is for being a GM other than having been a former Flyer.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/jan-2022/from-playoff-hero-to-executive-the-career-transition-of-danny-briere

Not saying his experience translates to NHL GM, but the Flyers have been grooming him for a more important role in the organ-eye-zation.

Briere taking over as GM accomplishes the most important thing, getting rid of Fletcher. I wish they'd do it before the TD. But Scott said Fletcher "deserves a chance" to work with the team once everyone's back from IR, which isn't happening anytime soon.

3 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

he was never a captain

He was co-captain in Buffalo (with Drury) and went to consecutive Conference Finals before he came here.

He was one of four former captains on the roster when the organization* decided that Jason Smith, with a one-year contract, was the best choice for captain so they could entice him to stay. (Others were Hatcher and Timonen)

When Smith left anyway, they then awarded it to Mike "The Next Bobby Clarke" Richards.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

But Scott said Fletcher "deserves a chance"

You know in Chuckles defense and which I am sure he did actually bring up and before I even type this I know the Chuck haters are going to twist my words but whatever - as some of us stated before we haven't seen the roster Chuckles assembled in the offseason yet.

Not one game have we seen the roster he envisioned before opening night.

Not saying that once we do if ever get it together that it will be a whole lot better but having the team half full of Phantoms couldn't be avoided.

Not part of the plan.

Just acknowledging this much the only other one else who did mention it was @radoran IIRC.

So yeah I can see Chuckles on his hands and knees begging to give him a chance to run it back with HIS team before blowing it up...so just saying...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So yeah I can see Chuckles on his hands and knees begging to give him a chance to run it back with HIS team before blowing it up...so just saying...

Right now:smallTM:, Dave Scott is on board with that idea.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You know in Chuckles defense and which I am sure he did actually bring up and before I even type this I know the Chuck haters are going to twist my words but whatever - as some of us stated before we haven't seen the roster Chuckles assembled in the offseason yet.

Not one game have we seen the roster he envisioned before opening night.

Not saying that once we do if ever get it together that it will be a whole lot better but having the team half full of Phantoms couldn't be avoided.

Not part of the plan

I've been saying this too.

Easily dismissed because I choose to look for positives in my leisure activities- but I've repeatedly mentioned that fact since mid-November.

I don't think we'll ever know what this year's team could have become. 

I don't think there was enough speed to challenge CAR or TB- but I do think that the assembled top 4 defense could have propelled the team forward into the top half of that second tier of teams. ( WAS,PGH,BOS, NYI, NYR)

That result would have been a vast improvement over 2020/21 .

I am expecting a lot of new faces around Vorhees in the coming month and a half.

I wonder if any other players will be recruiting/talking to Giroux at the all-star weekend?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I've been saying this too.

I knew there was someone else I was forgetting. 

Sorry to leave you out.

Yeah they may just decide to keep Coots and Ellis out for the rest of the year.

In fact how long do you wait for surgery before you let it affect next season?

They need to make a call and try and get them ready 2022-23.

• Like 1

I'm a Chuck hater. And I won't twist your words OR. 

Do I think the team Chuck envisioned when he started selling the farm for the now would be better than the present one? Sure. Absolutely.

Do I think those players were worth all those draft picks and youth and could they get us anywhere near a cup?

Not a chance. 

And that's why I'm a Chuck hater. Because his vision gets you nowhere near a cup. It gets you Groundhog Day with Paul Holmgren.

• Good Post 1