Game 42: Stars at Flyers; 1/24/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

and I'm not blaming TK for the loss of course. The 2nd Stars' goal Peterson shoots from below the circle and nobody covers him. Nobody touches him. He's standing there waiting for the feed from behind the net and nobody takes him. Just unbelievably bad team defense.

edit: actually Peterson drifted out from behind the net, Sanheim was on him then let him go. Mayhew maybe could've picked him up but Sanheim can't let that happen.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yes sir! That's how Konecny broke his goal drought - tossed it toward center and it bounced off some Isles' backside trickled into the net. Well if you can't be good be lucky!

So true! And with this gang, we need it!

me too,i am an old man,keep telling myself its dumb to be effected. 1970's flyers winningest team,1980's top 7,1990's lindro's leclair dominate,great run in 2010,hell just 2 years ago we took islanders to 7,in 2nd round,  clark gilles who just passed said 'everyone would be happy go lucky on the bus going to philly,then we would come over the bridge and see the spectrum',everyone then shut up,we knew what we were in for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

And that was only when they were playing golf.

That or when Carter, Richards, Upshall and Lupul were banging every undergrad in Philly. I’m sure they “outshot” their opponents 😂

• Haha 2

good one,i new richards would burn out quick.ever see him winded,new he was living the party life.the trade wasn;t bad if you look back.if this continues im not against telling these old men to walk,bring in torts to make everone's life hell.they have to be young players because the vets will cry.brassard was old with av 6 years ago,if ellis doesn't play again,eat the money and tell him to walk,tell claude, love you but no 7 mill,5 for your legacy,coots stays, tk stays, same with laughton, provy is a motor, he stays,jvr can't skate anymore,cam stays,rasmus stays,hayes?   play cam york and frost a lot,tell yandle it just didn't work, don't laugh but i like nate thompson,shorthanded for sure,farabee stays,i thought braun played hard but he wasn't suppose to be top pair,give him to a contender,

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Are the Flyer players guilty of taking too long of shifts?

Looks like they get gassed in their own end lots.

Should be changing at least 2 in the transition from the offensive zone into your own zone. Instead they lolygag back into their own to tired to skate and get hemed in.

I don't think they should be coached to do that.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I saw part of Yeo's presser.  He blamed execution and defense over lack of effort.  I'd agree, but we have no scoring ability.  He can't come  out and say that.  Meanwhile, we gave up the first goal again.  That is the kiss of death for this squad.  

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

He blamed execution and defense over lack of effort.

Maybe if they put more, oh, I don't know, EFFORT into executing and defending?

"Guys are out there working really hard and they're terrible at it" may not be the defence of his team he thinks it is...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

Maybe if they put more, oh, I don't know, EFFORT into executing and defending?

I don't know... Playing hard is certainly a must, but honestly, the lack of talent is so glaring that that I think right now, the Flyers would have no problem losing to an AHL team.  I really don't remember the Flyers ever being so terrible.   

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

the lack of talent is so glaring that that I think right now, the Flyers would have no problem losing to an AHL team.

With all the injuries, they practically are an AHL team.

If anyone predicted a line this season of Nick Seeler-Jackson Cates-Zack MacEwen before the season started, they are wasting their prognostication talents. Add in Max Willman and Gerald Mayhew and there is certainly a lack of proven NHL level talent. And I get that.

What bugs me is the level of "quit" that keeps showing up. And, again, I get where they are after a 10 game "winless" streak and now a 12 game "winless" streak.

38 minutes ago, radoran said:

What bugs me is the level of "quit" that keeps showing up. And, again, I get where they are after a 10 game "winless" streak and now a 12 game "winless" streak.

Seriously, you'd think that Yeo could motivate them with something like "We can't start our 3rd 10 game losing streak until we win a game".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

With all the injuries, they practically are an AHL team.

If anyone predicted a line this season of Nick Seeler-Jackson Cates-Zack MacEwen before the season started, they are wasting their prognostication talents. Add in Max Willman and Gerald Mayhew and there is certainly a lack of proven NHL level talent. And I get that.

If I'm Carter Hart, Provorov and Farabee I am entering the transfer portal...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1