Game 32: Flyers at Kings; 1/1/22 @ 10:30 PM; NBCSP

Howie58

Happy New Year!

The Kings are installed as favorites (-165).  The computer simulation is a 4-2 Kings win.  

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1726077/philadelphia-flyers-vs-los-angeles-kings-prediction-2022-1-1

Let's hope the O and B start the year with a win.  

Edited by Howie58

Hey look...Haysee scored a goal!

Hey look...Haysee was on the ice for FIVE AGAINST!!!

At least he probably can't get worse at skating as his terrible contract continues over the next 4 years.

He can't, right?

He probably hopes Nate comes back so he's not the slowest in the NHL anymore.

Edited by flyercanuck

Yay Hayes scored a goal. It only took a PP, a timeout and pulling Jones to make it a 6 on 4 but okay whatever it takes I guess.

Actually it was a good play. Nice to see the Flyers execute one...for a change.

Another "1 good play" night. 2 wraparounds. One is bad enough, embarrassing, but 2 on the same night is f--ng pathetic. You don't see that very often.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

It sounds and reads like a.good game to tune out. I would have spoiled Mew Year's.  

It is time for Chuck to sell. 

It has been over 3 weeks since I have watched a minute of this excuse of a team's game....maybe not again this year.

Might suggest you do the same if nothing else to ease the nerves....

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It has been over 3 weeks since I have watched a minute of this excuse of a team's game....maybe not again this year.

Occ:  Like the Godfather,  I keep getting  drawn back in. Maybe I am too loyal for my own good.

Yeo may do a better job with this gang than AV, but it probably won't matter. We have some very expensive underperformers who will be hard to erase. Dave Scott and Comcast may pull the plug on Fletcher if they see their property wallow when it was supposed to advance!

Edited by Howie58
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

A real fan supports his/her team through the highs and lows.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I've done that...for decades and decades. 

I...just...can't...anymore. 

What if you could watch it in 52K on a 420 foot TV strapped to the roof of a '92 Chevy Lumina with a wonky transmission? Huh?!

• Haha 2

After watching the lowlights, my take:

1. Jones had serious lateral mobility issues.

2. The Arviddson line skated through our D, much like Montreal and the Islanderd' top lines did in the 19-20 playoffs.

3. Out 4th line tries and works.

5. Farabee is for real.

Edited by Howie58

Not sure what game it was as they were all a blur, but Hayes scored.   Than for the next goal against it was a 2 on 1.   Guess who was attempting to skate super-duper fast and catch his man on the backcheck?   Yes, Hayes.   That contract is going to hurt for too long.

• Uggh... 1

13 hours ago, Fizz said:

Win or lose I will watch every chance I get, always have always will.

I'm the same so far......  2 hours x 3 days a week x 8 months a year x 35 years =  5,740 hours or 239 days worth of watching a non-championship team (in my lifetime)  if my math is right.  

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Not sure what game it was as they were all a blur, but Hayes scored.   Than for the next goal against it was a 2 on 1.   Guess who was attempting to skate super-duper fast and catch his man on the backcheck?   Yes, Hayes.   That contract is going to hurt for too long.

Here's some Flyers analytics for ya...the worst 10 Flyers at 5 on 5 hockey...guess who brought 9 of these 10 into the fold? 

e52d7279f64ab0cd48464b89a0feff98.png

• Good Post 1

14 hours ago, Fizz said:

Win or lose I will watch every chance I get, always have always will.

Everyone has to set their own priorities in life and after watching them for so long and now having a family and a 10 year old daughter who needs my love i choose her over these suck ass Flyers.

I can't justify not spending time with them to watch a bunch of millionaires skate around on the ice like they could care less about the results of their games. Nope they can do that all they want and i don't have to watch.

It sucks and it use to bring me joy to enjoy and good hard fought Flyer win and well i just haven't had that joy in a long time.

So yeah i keep track from a far and maybe one day they fix this...but one thing is for sure my friend is i don't need other to validate my fandom....IDGAF what others think. Pardon my french.

Winning and a Stanley Cup before i die is all i want from them....not sure if i'll ever get one...first thing they need to find is a bunch of players who do care not sure all of these Flyers do.

Good day sir.

:BrownBag:

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

I'm the same so far......  2 hours x 3 days a week x 8 months a year x 35 years =  5,740 hours or 239 days worth of watching a non-championship team (in my lifetime)  if my math is right.  

Wow when you put it that way it sucks even worse.

In honor of that....a classic...

19 hours ago, Howie58 said:

It sounds and reads like a.good game to tune out. I would have spoiled Mew Year's.  

It is time for Chuck to sell. 

Its time for Chuck to take an Uber to the Walt Whitman

• Haha 1