Game 31: Flyers at Sharks; 12/30/31 @ 10:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The Sharks are mild favorites (-110), and it looks like Reimer versus Jones between the pipes:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-san-jose-sharks-prediction-12-30-2021-nhl-picks-best-bets-odds.html

Reimer is playing well this season (2.28 GAA; .928 Save Percentage).  I guess there's a bit of drama with Jones going up against his former team.  Hopefully, we don't have repeat of last night's snooze fest.  

Edited by Howie58

Read flyers did not land in SJ until 5am. If they were slow and unmotivated last night in Seattle coming off a week break, I cannot wait to see how lethargic and slow they are tonight. Whoever is in net better prepare to be peppered. 

Lather Rinse Repeat 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Let me know when a motivated Flyers squad shows up for more than a game ...I may tune in since theres no WJs and no Olympics.

I am a night-owl so these West Coast games aren't way out of kilter, and watching Taryn compensates a bit for cruddy play.  That said, I was really wondering about watching last night.  The O and B have been varying degrees of boring/uninspired for years, but last night's performance against a first-year club was probably a new low.  As a former goalie, I appreciated Jones' work.  Otherwise, it was strange.  Even Yeo said there was no compete.  Granted, it was the first game in ages and a fair share of COVID-19 subs, but it was still a sleepwalk. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Even Yeo said there was no compete. 

Seriously how can there NOT be compete? If that's not on the culture that legendary leadership has given this team, who is it on?

Flyers were CONTENT to chip it into the corner, "take a point", and give up a scoring chance in the final 25 seconds of regulation against the second worst team in the West.

Even paid Flyer employees like Meltzer, Martetus, and the Flyers Live crew are mentioning it.

This is a team that has one playoff round win in a decade trying to find a reason to be up for a game coming off a week off.

I'm sorry but Mr. Not All His Fault is not looking good with his ability to motivate hockey players to actually play hockey.

Legendary.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, but look at that "ironman" streak. It's way more important than the team.

You go streak!

Flyers management signing him and putting up his his piss poor play just to break the streak is ridiculous but so on brand for them.

Not sure how he’s avoided COVID the last 18 months although he could have it and the Flyers would still put him in the lineup.

Saw Giroux whack the post after Yandle let Couture walk in alone. Thought bubble over his head "Way to go there Ironman."

It was frustration giving up a shorty. Even more frustrating is watching Yandle pretend to play NHL-level hockey this year.

And even more frustrating: until he breaks the record he won't be benched. Even then...

Another FAIL brought to you by Meet The New Boss Same As The Old Boss Chuck Fletcher.

Hey Chuckie here's a clue: when a team buys out a player it's because the guy can't play anymore. He's done. In a word he sucks. Savvy? There have been a few exceptions but trust me Chuck you're not smart enough to know which is which. Stay away from "bargain" veterans while you're with the Flyers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm sorry but Mr. Not All His Fault is not looking good with his ability to motivate hockey players to actually play hockey.

Don't worry i am sure he will be given 4-5 more years to continue his guidance of the lost lambs...

:beer: