Game 30 (New): Flyers at Kraken; 12/29/31 @ 10 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

This is matchup with diminished rosters due to injury and COVID; the bookies haven't posted odds:

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/flyers-vs-kraken-odds-122921-147334

The teams have similar records over their last 10; Seattle's play has improved.  But note that both teams have save percentages under .900 during that stretch:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=401349685

Hopefully, we'll stay awake.  

Edited by Howie58

I heard a piece earlier today RE: Ron Francis and the Kraken.  The gist was that he didn't accumulate enough picks in the expansion draft.  The other part was Brandon Tanev on LTIR.  He's been their sparkplug. The Achilles tear--out for season. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I heard a piece earlier today RE: Ron Francis and the Kraken.  The gist was that he didn't accumulate enough picks in the expansion draft.  The other part was Brandon Tanev on LTIR.  He's been their sparkplug. The Achilles tear--out for season. 

The Kraken have a terrible GM and a terrible coach. Not a good combination. (I liked Francis the player. Terrible GM}

25 seconds to go, Flyers on the rush dump it into the corner, take a line change, and give up ~20 sec of SEA offensive zone time to finish the third.

That's about a succinct a summation of what's wrong.

You have the puck, you're on the road against one of the worst teams in the league, you're making a push down ice with ~25 seconds left and your decision is to pop the puck into the corner and take a line change.

Killer instinct, that.

So, overtime. And you got a point.

Pat on the head.

Edited by radoran

33 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

It is 2 points...barely

It's two points against the second worst team in the West.

Two points is EXPECTED not something that should be an accomplishment.

Two points is great. Happy to have them.

• Like 1

Wow the Flyers managed to make the Kraken look good. I bet the Flyers didn't make 3 consecutive passes all night. They had zero attack time at even strength the whole game they were on their heels.

But hey it wasn't all bad. Provorov wins it in OT - good pass by Hayes hit him in stride.

65 minutes 1 good play.

Ladies and Gentlemen Your 2021-22 Flyers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow the Flyers managed to make the Kraken look good. I bet the Flyers didn't make 3 consecutive passes all night. They had zero attack time at even strength the whole game they were on their heels.

But hey it wasn't all bad. Provorov wins it in OT - good pass by Hayes hit him in stride.

65 minutes 1 good play.

Ladies and Gentlemen Your 2021-22 Flyers!

We won the play!

• Haha 1

The thing that I have disliked the most about this Flyers era is the long stretches in games when the team looks slow and weak.

The first two periods of last night's game were exactly the kind of hockey I hate watching.

Did they win a puck battle in the second period ?

How can a team, "forget" to compete ?

It cannot be that simple, maybe it is. I don't know.

There are stretches where the team looks hard to play against at least. That couple of months under Vigneault when they were "going" was fun.

I also know there was an emphasis on drafting guys with good hockey IQ and character, does this mean they have to be slow? 

It just seems like when a team with a bunch or nobodies takes the piss out of our guys for 40 minutes after 2 weeks off...like there is a deficiency in the players. 

Guys have shown flashes of being decent. 

But jeez. 

Somebody smudge Voorhees or something- the malaise seems wide and deep. 

• Like 1