Game 30: Capitals at Flyers; 12/21/21 @ 7, ESPN+, Hulu

Howie58

Greetings:

We come in as mild underdogs (Washington, -1.50):

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/capitals-vs-flyers-odds-122121-147294

T.J. Oshie has joined Backstrom and Kusnetzov on the COVID Protocol, so we are playing a less potent Caps squad:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/capitals/capitals-shuffle-lineup-again-tj-oshie-added-nhls-covid-19-protocol

I haven't seen anything on Hart or our lineup.  Hopefully, the game isn't canceled.  

LGF.  

P.S.  I just read a computer prediction:  Caps 4, Flyers 2.  Part of the model:  The O and B giving up 34.6 shots per game.  

Edited by Howie58

2 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Postponed....

I was just about to post the same.  If I understand correctly, the current roster of canceled games will be scheduled during the now-canceled Olympic window in February.  Apparently, NHL involvement is kaput.  

32 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Postponed....

I was just about to post the same.  If I understand correctly, the current roster of canceled games will be scheduled during the now-canceled Olympic window in February.  Apparently, NHL involvement is kaput.  

Just don't expect it to start back up when it says it is suppose to....in fact it could get way worse after this holiday season spreading...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just don't expect it to start back up when it says it is suppose to....in fact it could get way worse after this holiday season spreading...

Yes Sir!  This could get messy.  Apparently, there is internal dissention among some of the higher-ups about playing while asymptomatic.  Yzerman feels some leeway should be given--his rationale is that people probably played with flu and didn't know or care.  I am not sure if COVID fits in that category.  Another aspect is cap management.  Some teams are at or near their caps with AHL call-ups to man the fort.  I suspect some type of relief in light of the number of players needed to staff the teams.

Financially--this league is much more dependent on live attendance than the other big 3.  I doubt most of the American teams will shut down, but the Canadian squads might. Restrictions on seating might go back.  All in, a cluster-chuck to a slow-growth salary cap.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1