Game 29: Senators at Flyers; 12/18/21 @ 7PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

I haven't seen odds on this yet, but it's clear the Senators give up lots of shots and goals:

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/senators-vs-flyers-odds-121821-147271

On paper, we should beat this team.  Farabee may be available.  I hope the gang is angry over the SO loss to MTL.  They can take it out on OTT.  

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I hope the gang is angry over the SO loss to MTL. 

I love your optimism but if this bunch was the type that got angry over losses they wouldn't be sitting 24th in the league, with a win% of .482.

You're looking for pride and professionalism to motivate them but those qualities are dormant in the Flyers organization. Not dead ... they just smell funny...

• Like 1

Ottawa had some good wins the past few weeks. If the Flyers sleepwalk through another 1st they'll get buried early and for good. If they come out hard, play disciplined etc. ... they'll get buried a little later that's all. The Flyers don't have 60 minutes of good hockey in them...unless the 60 is spread out over 4 games.

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Dear God, Yandle..you get your pockrt picked by Batherson and that’s how you react? At least try a decent poke check, or take him down. Weak.

How many more games until he breaks the Ironman record? After that he better be scratched or released!

unless COVID breaks his streak first 

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, Samifan said:

After that he better be scratched or released!

Trade him for a 10th round pick GHTFOH.

Call up a kid...snag a dude off the waiver wire...pick a guy off the streets i knew this wasn't going to work and they pulled the plug on only a small piece of the organization...SMGDH.

More bourbon....

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fizz said:

Is it just me or is Hayes 3 parts useless?

I'm not sure I have ever seen a player so big plays soft my entire life.

Flyerfanforlife but Jeez we suck!!

Anyone who saw him play a few consecutive games in NY knew the Flyers were getting a deadbeat.

Beyond his weak career numbers, before the trade the story was that Hayes said he wouldn't go to the Flyers unless they overpaid him. He flat out said "Pay me more than I'm worth" and this idiot did exactly that. A $7+mil cap hit for a guy who plays well once or twice a week...a maybe-45-pt man.

Even if Fletcher never heard the story - or if the quote is total b.s. - did no one in the Flyers org watch the guy play more than one lousy game? I hope for their sake they didn't because if they did it's even worse it means they actually liked what they saw. It's hard to believe Vigneault wanted him again. $50 million over 7 years for Kevin Hayes...unreal.

//rant