Game 16: Bruins at Flyers; 11/20/21 @ 7 PM, CSNP

Howie58

Jeepers...an $825K journeyman makes our 7-figure people look like minor league call-ups. I can't fault Jones for much. Our D either deflects the puck in, screens the goalie, or lets skaters into the red zone. We are going to have a very rough month at this rate.

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

4 on 4 and Sanheim drives the net? Yeah that's who we need

actually we do. If he's going to earn his paycheck he needs to get himself involved offensively and start depositing some goals and helpers. He's supposed to be an offensive D-man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

wow what a Royal Shafting that was, that bench minor on Giroux/Bergeron FO - after G won it clean.

Yeah, that was completely bogus. A penalty for the ref's mistake. Why the hell couldn't the ref just drop the puck again? Welcome to NHL refereeing 2021-22.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah, that was completely bogus. A penalty for the ref's mistake. Why the hell couldn't the ref just drop the puck again? Welcome to NHL refereeing 2021-22.

I'm pretty sure that was Rooney his games are always double-digit penalty fests. Tonight I think it was 11 minors plus the fighting majors on Farabee and McAvoy. ELEVEN penalties is ridiculous.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Jeepers...an $825K journeyman makes our 7-figure people look like minor league call-ups. I can't fault Jones for much. Our D either deflects the puck in, screens the goalie, or lets skaters into the red zone. We are going to have a very rough month at this rate.

I can fault Jones, if only from this perspective. He didn't seem like he was ready for the shot. I mean, I blame Sanheim for not getting back and reading the play quickly enough, but I also blame Jones for not seeming all that ready for it. Good goal by Haula, but the Flyers could have been better there...no doubt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I can fault Jones, if only from this perspective. He didn't seem like he was ready for the shot. I mean, I blame Sanheim for not getting back and reading the play quickly enough, but I also blame Jones for not seeming all that ready for it. Good goal by Haula, but the Flyers could have been better there...no doubt.

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Well, even if two to three were unstoppable, two bad ones is not as as bad as the other issues. Our PP is atrocious.  The offense isn't distributed. What I said a few nights ago probably holds: I worry about winning of we five up more than two goals.

• Like 2

the 4-2 goal? Yeah Sanheim...I know he's a better skater than that but he goes at Smith instead of hauling ass to cut him off. Just a bad beat. Jones needs to snag that one, make the big save and give the Flyers some life. I don't blame him too much - it was a good hard shot off a rush one-on-one...but a stop there changes everything.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

The offense isn't distributed.

AV is trying I guess...some new looks the past couple games - Giroux with Atkinson might start paying off.

The PP is embarrassing. Most of the time they're retrieving the puck then when they do get setup they seem content to stand in position and ...hope? ... a shooting lane opens up.

• Like 1