Game 14: Flames at Flyers; 11/16/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

Greetings: 

Calgary is a mild favorite:

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1721333/calgary-flames-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-2021-11-16

It looks like Markstrom versus Hart between the pipes.  This is a sound Calgary club and we cannot afford to take dumb penalties:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/calgary-flames-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-11-16-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

Hopefully we have a bounce-back after resting a few days.  I haven't seen any line-ups.  

LGF

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 14: Flames at Flyers; 11/16/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP, ESPN+

Here are the Flyers lines tonight...as I understand them to be.

Giroux-Couturier-JVR

Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson

Brassard-Laughton-Konecny

Thompson-Brown-McEwen

Provorov-Braun

Sanheim-Ristolainen

Yandle-Seeler

Hart-Jones

Hart will be in net.

For the Flames...

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk

Coleman-Monahan-Mangiapane

Dube-Backlund-Lewis

Lucic-Richardson-Duehr

Hanifin-Andersson

Kylington-Tanev

Zadorov-Gudbranson

Markstrom-Vladar 

Markstrom will be in net.

10 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Man, I hate those lines.  

Yeah, not really a fan either.

I'm guessing that the Brassard-Laughton-Konecny line is supposed to be more of a traditional 3 line? Tough to play against, but not necessarily an offensive powerhouse? I feel kinda bad for TK on that. On the other hand, Laughton is on pace for 6 assists this season so maybe we get #2 tonight? :hocky:

Then the fourth line... Should we call that the Spare Parts line?

Missing Ellis is clearly Not Good for the defense, but he needs to get actually healthy. I'm disappointed that they don't have a better option than Seeler.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

I fcking hate Calgary 🤬!

OK, there's gotta more to that, because to me hating Calgary is almost a waste of energy. What have they ever done to you/us/them? 🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Calgary is almost a waste of energy. What have they ever done to you/us/them?

If you live and work in Calgary during the Stampede they make you dress up as a cowboy/girl and start drinking at 7:00 am.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Have you enjoyed that experience personally, Podes?😁

Sadly, yes. I lived in Calgary in the mid-90s for a few years and then a short stint again in 2002/03 where I worked in a branch office for awhile, including during the Stampede. It really is like that, you go to the office, but then head off to one of many pancake breakfast options where you start drinking. You stop sometime later if you're lucky.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Sadly, yes. I lived in Calgary in the mid-90s for a few years and then a short stint again in 2002/03 where I worked in a branch office for awhile, including during the Stampede. It really is like that, you go to the office, but then head off to one of many pancake breakfast options where you start drinking. You stop sometime later if you're lucky.

Wow. If there is a Denny's there, I guess you could call that the Grand Slammed Breakfast. :lol::ph34r:

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Agreed with Rad and others about the lines.  I'd like to think that Morin becomes 7th upon return in December, but our injuries seem to linger.  Maybe Cam comes up later this year.  

Sadly, I think we will need to be defensively-oriented with stellar goaltending to win.  This doesn't look like a squad made for shoot 'em ups.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

I fcking hate Calgary 🤬!

its my thing. I hate all NHL teams and think they only exist so the Flyers have someone to play

in retrospect, I realize i should have typed, "I fcking hate the Flames". I have nothing against Calgary. I imagine there are great people there. Maybe a place I'd like to visit. I've never been to anywhere in Canada. I'm not sure I can find it

• Like 1