Game 8: Flyers vs Coyotes 11/02/21 @ 7 PM

OccamsRazor

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Apparently not, if you ask his coach...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

You know, I said he's had a good start on the Phantoms.  He has 6 points in 8 games (mostly assists), but he's also -2.   So, the coach may have a point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

he's had a pretty good start in Lehigh

He's had a pretty good last few games, earlier in the season he was in Lappy's dog house.

than Giroux's case where the player doesn't wanna

Haven't heard that aspect (although G is better suited to W). Figured it was more the coach. Care to elaborate?

I think if it's only a week or so, just stay the course until Hayes returns.

This is, by the accounts I've read, where AV's head is.

I'm thinking Ol' Haysey's back for the Calgary game on the 16th. Not sure I see them getting him back in the lineup to start in the B2B in Carolina and Dallas.

Wouldn't want him to reinjure the injury he apparently reinjured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Haven't heard that aspect (although G is better suited to W). Figured it was more the coach. Care to elaborate?

That was what I thought I've understood as the reason. I don't quickly have links/sources.   Same as right wing.   It was my understanding he wasn't refusing to but that given age and wear/tear that he'd take faceoffs, etc., but that he wanted to pull back on the down-low play that the center requires.   Maybe that was coming from the coach rather than from Giroux, but that was (somehow--dunno) my understanding.

As a wise poster said, "Happy- as ever - to be wrong."  :)

• Like 1

That was what I thought I've understood as the reason.

I've just figured it was because the line was working and they didn't want to mess with it. Also, too, that Giroux is a "natural" wing.

The added idea that they (more than just "he") might want to keep him away from the "wear and tear" isn't off the point, either.

I just don't see him as a guy going "I'm not going to do that!!!" if he was asked.

When AV has been asked, he's been pretty dismissive of the idea.

My only concept had been to have him as a stopgap until Ol' Haysey comes back. Not "until Frost is ready."

There's a lot riding on Ol' Haysey being back and effective. I'm hoping he's up to the job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, radoran said:

I've just figured it was because the line was working and they didn't want to mess with it. Also, too, that Giroux is a "natural" wing.

The added idea that they (more than just "he") might want to keep him away from the "wear and tear" isn't off the point, either.

I just don't see him as a guy going "I'm not going to do that!!!" if he was asked.

When AV has been asked, he's been pretty dismissive of the idea.

My only concept had been to have him as a stopgap until Ol' Haysey comes back. Not "until Frost is ready."

There's a lot riding on Ol' Haysey being back and effective. I'm hoping he's up to the job.

Hayes is not exactly a second line center either, especially coming off two core surgeries.  Even before surgery he was supposed to be a third line center, he is definitely a few steps uo from Brassard , but he is not the best suited for Farabee and Atkinson. I really don't understand why they are reluctant to move G to the second line, you can try JVR or Lindblom on first line LW. To me this is a more balanced lineup and gives us three balanced lines. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Even before surgery he was supposed to be a third line center

He was signed to be the 2C and expected to drop over the course of his contract. But definitely envisioned as a 2C for reasons which honestly escape me aside from him being the best FA option at the time.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I really don't understand why they are reluctant to move G to the second line

I outlined them earlier. It's wanting to avoid wear and tear on G and to keep the top line cohesive.

I don't entirely agree with it but it is what it is.