Game 8: Flyers vs Coyotes 11/02/21 @ 7 PM

OccamsRazor

Last years team would have lost this game without a doubt. Bank the 2 points and oh to the burg. 

Hopefully Ellis is ready soon. We will need him as the schedule the rest of the month is going to be tough.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, Digityman said:

I really dislike that 3rd line.  The last 1.5 years I probably wouldn't have said it but.... I'm excited for Hayes to return. 

I haven't heard much on the Allison front.  Still a high-ankle sprain?   Out indefinitely? 

I'd like to see Lindblom moved to first line LW to get him going, that was a great line a few years ago. Move G to second line center, move Brassard to third line center until Hayes is back, move Laughton to left wing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Giroux isn't moving to center.   Can we please just stop suggesting it?   It's not going to happen, so just stop already.

Well, he is having a good year and it would be nice to spread the offense around.   Brassard is a third/fourth liner,  G would make the second line better. The third line has ZERO chemistry , Brassard is better suited on the third line until Hayes is back.Laughton belongs on the fourth line LW.  We have no legit second line center. So who are we spiting by not moving G there? 

I would try moving G for a few games, see how it works and see if it can spark Lindblom too. The third line is useless right now. Unless Frost improves big time by the mid point of the season, I dont think we will go far with the centers we have. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I would try moving G for a few games, see how it works and see if it can spark Lindblom too.

I think the point is many of us would like to see that happen, but it's pretty clear that it's just not going to.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

I think the point is many of us would like to see that happen, but it's pretty clear that it's just not going to.

Yeah, we'd all like to see Lindblom get going. But personally, I like G with Coots and TK, I think the three of them have an almost perfect blend of skills. 

It's early. Give Laughts, JVR and Lindblom a little more time together. It's not someone else's job to get them going, it's literally theirs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Give Laughts, JVR and Lindblom a little more time together. It's not someone else's job to get them going, it's literally theirs.

IMO, Laughton simply doesn't have the skill to get two skilled wingers going. He's never done it. I haven't seen any indication that he's about to. He's just not a "playmaker" and is much better suited on the wing (again IMO).

I'll be as happy as anyone to be wrong.

If the line heats up when/if Hayes comes back and either he or Brassard move into that pivot role then I think the "problem" is closer to being solved.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, we'd all like to see Lindblom get going. But personally, I like G with Coots and TK, I think the three of them have an almost perfect blend of skills. 

It's early. Give Laughts, JVR and Lindblom a little more time together. It's not someone else's job to get them going, it's literally theirs.

The line does have good chemistry  but if you recall  Coots , TK and Lindblom was also a great line a few years ago, I think G , Atkinson and Farabee would be great too. No matter what we need a real second line center and Hayes is more of a third liner. Guess we gotta hope Frost steps up his game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

IMO, Laughton simply doesn't have the skill to get two skilled wingers going. He's never done it. I haven't seen any indication that he's about to. He's just not a "playmaker" and is much better suited on the wing (again IMO).

I'll be as happy as anyone to be wrong.

If the line heats up when/if Hayes comes back and either he or Brassard move into that pivot role then I think the "problem" is closer to being solved.

The whole thing.    But the "better on wing" is on point.   The line is suffering from not having a center.  I like Laughton on wing, but he's really about worthless (offensively) at center.

• Like 1

Howbbout some love for Carter Hart?!?

Ya know.... Shutout and all?!

Only reason that game was 0-0 going into the 3rd. Yotes had PLENTY of chances....especially early on.

17 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We take the two points and get ready for war against Crosby. 

Crosby has the Cov....out Thur

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Howbbout some love for Carter Hart?!?

Ya know.... Shutout and all?!

Only reason that game was 0-0 going into the 3rd. Yotes had PLENTY of chances....especially early on.

Crosby has the Cov....out Thur

Well, let's hope they don't lay off the pedal. BTW, it was a goalie clinic. They were both darn good. 

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Well, he is having a good year and it would be nice to spread the offense around.   Brassard is a third/fourth liner,  G would make the second line better. The third line has ZERO chemistry , Brassard is better suited on the third line until Hayes is back.Laughton belongs on the fourth line LW.  We have no legit second line center. So who are we spiting by not moving G there? 

I would try moving G for a few games, see how it works and see if it can spark Lindblom too. The third line is useless right now. Unless Frost improves big time by the mid point of the season, I dont think we will go far with the centers we have. 

G is having a good year because of where he is playing. If you move him, you run the risk of diminishing what he is doing, in favor of trying to get Lindblom going. That may end in both playing worse

So are you suggesting Giroux stays at 2C for the foreseeable future, until somone else comes along? If I understood you correctly, Hayes would be 3C and Brassard 4C?

I don't know, the team is winning. I think leaving things alone would be the plan of action

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

G is having a good year because of where he is playing. If you move him, you run the risk of diminishing what he is doing, in favor of trying to get Lindblom going. That may end in both playing worse

So are you suggesting Giroux stays at 2C for the foreseeable future, until somone else comes along? If I understood you correctly, Hayes would be 3C and Brassard 4C?

I don't know, the team is winning. I think leaving things alone would be the plan of action

Yes I think we should try it for a few games, Farabee and Atkinson are highly skilled so I don't think it would hurt Girouxs game. If it works , we will have more balance, if not then move him back.  The third line is doing nothing and Brassard is not skilled enough to be a second line center, he is playing good but sooner or later a lack of scoring on the third line and a very weak center position will be our undoing.  Hayes is best suited for third line when he comes back and Brassard can center the 4th line with Laughton moved to left wing on the 4th line. If you make a real assessment of our center position it's pretty weak. 

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Yes I think we should try it for a few games, Farabee and Atkinson are highly skilled so I don't think it would hurt Girouxs game. If it works , we will have more balance, if not then move him back.  The third line is doing nothing and Brassard is not skilled enough to be a second line center, he is playing good but sooner or later a lack of scoring on the third line and a very weak center position will be our undoing.  Hayes is best suited for third line when he comes back and Brassard can center the 4th line with Laughton moved to left wing on the 4th line. If you make a real assessment of our center position it's pretty weak. 

I think changing things based on predictions (brasaard not being good enough to play this position) is the wrong way to handle things. Fact is, he IS playing good enough and the first 2 lines are looking strong. While I get your premis, I don't think you should make a change that could effect 6 players and 2 lines, just to accomodate a single player (lindblom)

If they think the 3rd, or 4th line isn't good enough, maybe it's time to make a move. Personally, I think they are standing pat, waiting for players to heal. Then they will address these two lines

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

This is one of your stronger posts. Feeling ok?

It won't accommodate a single player it will help the third and fourth line too, no harm in trying it for a few games.  It's not built around a prediction, it's well documented that Brassard is a marginal player and has no business on the second line and Laughton is not good at center....as far as predictions,  I think you will get your wish Allison is skating and I am sure he will be replacing NAK.