Game 8: Flyers vs Coyotes 11/02/21 @ 7 PM

OccamsRazor

Guess might as well get a head start on the game thread.

And why not begin with maybe some good news.

This is a huge piece to the season if they want to make the playoffs.

No need to rush him if he isn't ready.....

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

Lines and pairings today at practice:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

Farabee-Brassard-Atkinson

Lindblom-Laughton-JvR

NAK-Thompson-MacEwen

Provorov-Braun

Sanheim-Ristolainen

Yandle-Seeler

Patrick Brown appears to be an extra at today's practice, so Aube-Kubel may be back in tomorrow.

:DancingGrape:

I really dislike that 3rd line.  The last 1.5 years I probably wouldn't have said it but.... I'm excited for Hayes to return. 

I haven't heard much on the Allison front.  Still a high-ankle sprain?   Out indefinitely? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I haven't heard much on the Allison front.  Still a high-ankle sprain?   Out indefinitely? 

Yeah left in the dark so far on that.

6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I really dislike that 3rd line. 

You are not alone on this in fact i haven't seen anyone claim to like it.

3 things that kind of messed up that lines expectations 

- Laczynski needing surgery

-Allison needing surgery

-Frost needing more seasoning

So these 3 have thrown it all off thankfully Chuckles signed Brassard and Thompson.

So will any of the 3 be able to actually help this season i can't say of those i can see Frost maybe even before Christmas maybe getting a call up but from reports i seen he is working hard on his game trending in the right direction.

And as you said get well soon Hollywood he could be used at center ASAP.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

3 4 things that kind of messed up that lines expectations 

- Laczynski needing surgery

-Allison needing surgery

-Frost needing more seasoning

- Hayes needing surgery

FIFY

I'd put the fourth one first, actually. Put either Hayes or Brassard in place of Laughton and that's an immediate upgrade

• Like 3

Oh and let's not forget they will start the game with the automatic down 1 nothing to an X player so that is to be considered on top of the really makes me nervous Yotes coming in 0-8 for the season.

Let's not forget a few years back when Hak was the coach the Yotes came in winless in 9 or 10 games i forget which and guess who lost that game.

So this will be a great test to their will....is this team changed and not the old team we remember when they would play down the the competition.....well will will know afterwards.

Not sure what the wife has planned tomorrow so i hope i will be able to watch.

Most importantly a sound regulation win will be my expectations.....zero excuses otherwise.

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

- Hayes needing surgery

FIFY

I'd put the fourth one first, actually. Put either Hayes or Brassard in place of Laughton and that's an immediate upgrade

Yes an obvious oversight on my part and i swear i am sober....get well Hollywood i want him to have a great season even though he will be skating with a heavy heart.

:flyers:

• Like 1

• OccamsRazor changed the title to Game 8: Flyers vs Coyotes 11/02/21 @ 7 PM
18 hours ago, radoran said:

in place of Laughton and that's an immediate upgrade

Sign the guy selling beer on the concourse, and that's an immediate Laughton upgrade. At least that SOB does something productive

Oh, and I fcking hate the coyotes 🤬!

"If I would have known prior to the road trip that he wasn't going to play, we wouldn't have brought him," Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault said after practice Monday.

"We would have kept him here and have him do his rehab here instead of him going through the late nights, etc. We thought that there was a possibility, that's why we brought him. It didn't work out.

It's taking a little bit longer than we anticipated. I said day to day last week, now obviously we're week to week. Hopefully he makes some strides here in the next couple of days and he's able to help us here in the near future."

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

"If I would have known prior to the road trip that he wasn't going to play, we wouldn't have brought him," Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault said after practice Monday.

"We would have kept him here and have him do his rehab here instead of him going through the late nights, etc. We thought that there was a possibility, that's why we brought him. It didn't work out.

It's taking a little bit longer than we anticipated. I said day to day last week, now obviously we're week to week. Hopefully he makes some strides here in the next couple of days and he's able to help us here in the near future."

Who is he talking about here?

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Who is he talking about here?

Ryan Ellis. My apologies for leaving that out I just copied and posted on my way out the door headed to the gym.

Glad you appeared someone needs to tell him to just rub some dirt on and get back out there...give him a call and tell him!

:poke:

• Like 1

Oh Man.... I almost don't even want to watch!

Home game, well rested, against an 0-8 bottom feeder team....Last few years I would of bet my savings on a loss!

Lets see if there really HAS been some change in the room. If they come out flat and "play down" to the competition.... well, I'm gonna be plenty upset! :)

Lets Go Flyers!

Different games have different character.  This was a goaltending clinic.  I  took a walk during period 2--didn't miss any action.  Our score showed some good skill.  The PP has good movement but no killer instinct.  NAK actually looked pretty good, as did MacEwen. Oskar looks good. I think it's a matter of time but the timing is there.  He was robbed in the first.  

We take the two points and get ready for war against Crosby.