Game 5: Flyers at Oilers; 10/27/21 @ 10, TNT

Howie58

10 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Bressard seems to have the vision of when to pass to his winger and give and take.

I have to say his passing skills surprised me last night towards the end of the game he threaded the needle between some Canucks perfectly to Farabee and man did he big time whiff on what would have been the easiest goal I seen this season.

That is so unlike Joel to miss that I know he was kicking himself when he got back to the bench.

That was a pass you would expect from Giroux so I was floored by it.

Yeah It is sad about NAK he might have the best wrist shot on the team but he is playing with guys like Thompson and MacEwen (whom I am trying to still gauge his skill level) so I guess lack of offense is to be expected.

But NAK has to skill set to be able to play up on the 3rd line easily but his knack (no pun intended) for penalties has the bullseye on his back.

If he tighten up I would love to see him back in the lineup over a Thompson at least. But I am not sure what happens now that Hayes buddy is in the lineup now.

He may have to wait till an injury happens.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

If a professional hockey player, who is trying to make his mark on a team, gets dejected over not getting the puck, and in turn starts taking bad penalties, I hope he gets traded,  cut or waived ASAP

I don't think that is what is happening it is just a lapse in judgment. It happens he is human.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have to say his passing skulls surprised me last night towards the end of the game he threaded the needle between some Canucks perfectly to Farabee and man did he big time whiff on what would have been the easiest goal I seen this season.

That is so unlike Joel to miss that I know he was kicking himself when he got back to the bench.

That was a pass you would expect from Giroux so I was floored by it.

Yeah It is sad about NAK he might have the best wrist shot on the team but he is playing with guys like Thompson and MacEwen (whom I am trying to still gauge his skill level) so I guess lack of offense is to be expected.

But NAK has to skill set to be able to play up on the 3rd line easily but his knack (no pun intended) for penalties has the bullseye on his back.

If he tighten up I would love to see him back in the lineup over a Thompson at least. But I am not sure what happens now that Hayes buddy is in the lineup now.

He may have to wait till an injury happens.

Say what you want about Thompson, but what I've seen on the ice, the guy has held his own and is contributing.  Standing up for G and dropping the mitts was something we haven't seen for awhile

Nick Suk-kubel™️ may have a skill set, but it doesn't do him any good if he doesn't use it. And looking back to last season, he was given opportunities 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Say what you want about Thompson, but what I've seen on the ice, the guy has held his own and is contributing. 

I think a lot of the concern about Thompson at the time was related to his previous stint in O&B.

This is a much different team and he's fitting in nicely to his role.

• Like 1

I seen him sporting his black eye last night and I knew he took a puck to the face but wasn't aware he tried to stay out there till the whistle. Man one thing you can't say about his guy is he is tough as hell that wasn't no easy shot to the face.

Yeah that is going to leave a mark.

:fi:

• Like 1