Game 5: Flyers at Oilers; 10/27/21 @ 10, TNT

Howie58

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

yep and the "hooking" makeup call was just as bad... i hope this isn't one of those stupid NHL penalty festival games featuring Kelly Sutherland and Co.

Yes please please please refs let these guys settle it on the ice!

• Like 2

And of course the Flyers TOs bite them in the ass - as you knew it would. I can't count how many failed clears and they've only played 10 minutes. 2-1

The Flyers gotta stop panicking with the puck on their stick...TO after TO. And  another Oilers PP... which is clocking in at ~50%... So far it's 0-2 tonight though, nice work on the PK Flyers.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

unreal - he splits 4 defenders and then just lifts it over Hart. Idk why Hart is so crouched down there it's like he's trying to make himself as small as possible on purpose wtf? That was just ugly from beginning to end by the Flyers.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

3-3 

Sanheim is garbage go ahead and trade this guy before the league find out he is worthless like the Preds are with Myers now.

My 10 year old daughter has more grit than that 6-3 sac-o-sh it.

🤬

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

A regulation win no one wake me.

5-3.

Handing the Oilers their first loss.

Very fast paced game.

5 of Cam's 6 goals have been go ahead goals.

Good to see Hart get the hometown win.

Flyers blocked 26 shots.

27 hits. So a lot to get better at.

But I see improvement.

NAK no penalties tonight. Great job.

This game kept me on the edge.

I'll take.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

@OccamsRazor

its fun taking friendly shots at each other. i figured you to pick up on that right away. I get why you were high on the guy, and I was being won over. That didn't last. He seems to be another guy who came up through the Flyer system to be useless at the NHL level

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jake would have passed this...

100% correct. If that POS were still here floating around turning pucks over the team would have 6 less goals and Giroux would go back to shooting less because he would be in a constant contest with him to see who could have more assists.

Even gone, still hate him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

its fun taking friendly shots at each other.

Yes all in good fun - some can't take that. Nothing wrong with a good ribbing.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

I get why you were high on the guy, and I was being won over.

I tried and i am sure you saw the good moments. But at the same time there is a game to be won and an objective and well when you jeopardize that, well he has to be held accountable everyone on the team has to be held accountable - if there are rules then they apply to everyone.

And i am calling a spade a spade and he hasn't played like i know he can consistently.

Last night was a great example of what i expect from him and how to play but then his stupid line mate McEwen took that boneheaded boarding play and exhibited that he has to get his head out his ass too. Stay out the box especially against a power play like that. Still can't believe they won.

But hey did i'll take it.

:PopcornSmiley2:

I try to do the same - i'm a Flyer fan first - i want a Cup before i leave this earth you f**k that up and well i'm calling you out from the Captain to the waterbody.

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

Giroux

And i know he'll never admit it but there was a camera shot of Giroux when Cam scored the goal ahead goal - just a smirk on his face of relief like he was thinking "Thank Gawd we finally got another goal scorer look on his face  and he was happy - to have someone to take the pressure of of him and his team.

I mean think about it there is a sot tracker so well you know how many shots were made and how many worked but there is nothing to track how many passes are made and how many worked and were successful.

Think how many passes Jake has taken that haven't even connected to anyone and were just a turnover - countless.

So glad to have Cam always loved his game and always hated watching him burn the Flyers glad to have him on this side.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, elmatus said:

NAK is not and has never been a favourite of mine. I just don't think what he does or doesn't do matters all that much in the grand scheme of things

I agree on a certain level, depending upon how "grand" we're going with the scheme of things.   What does matter in many occasions is putting a team with a shaky penalty kill repeatedly in situations where they have to penalty kill.

I'd stomach it better if the penalties were of the hard-working variety where sometimes over-exuberant on something or whatever, but often it's the nuisance "I'm an idiot" or "I wasn't where I was supposed to be so I have to crosscheck, hook, or trip" type of thing.

He's not necessarily alone there.   It's not like he's the only one taking penalties.  But he seems to stand out and this has been going on for quite awhile.  He seems to acknowledge it in interviews, but then he puts on the skates and helmet and one of those things apparently reduces the blood flow to his cranium.  Maybe his lace count is too low?  Too high?

He's not at the top of any worry list for me by any stretch, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's ultimately replaced -- often the definition of any 4th liner.

• Like 2

I will say N.AK played a better game against the Oilers, I am disappointed though that it seems that no one in the past would pass him the puck to start a give and go, and I would see him dish it out and look for the return pass to start a cycle and there would be no takers. I saw this last year so many times and this year it seems to be continuing and I think towards last year it seemed to change his game somewhat and the bad penalties started to creep in. That's why I hope Brassard can center the line where he is on because Bressard seems to have the vision of when to pass to his winger and give and take.

Not excusing any bad penalties, but I don't like seeing players dejected over and over, even micro-dejections can add up.

If a professional hockey player, who is trying to make his mark on a team, gets dejected over not getting the puck, and in turn starts taking bad penalties, I hope he gets traded,  cut or waived ASAP

• Like 1