Game 49: Flyers at Devils; 4/27/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We go in as mild favorites in a battle of two struggling teams:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2021/04/27/new-jersey-devils-vs-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-picks-odds-predictions

With Ghost out for 7-10 days, Egor Zamula (nicknamed Big Z by Giroux) makes his NHL debut:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/egor-zamula-to-make-nhl-debut-vs-devils/ar-BB1g4CCJ

Some would say he can't be any worse than other D-men we've put out there!

Edited by Howie58

Well some changes. Morin out which sucks but he still has room to get better. I like Sam's game right now as much as i like Myers really. Done some good things but much needed in their games.

So Laczynski needs hip surgery that sucks.

Projected lineups

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux -14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 57 Wade Allison
23 Oskar Lindblom - 59 Jackson Cates - 19 Nolan Patrick

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 54 Egor Zamula
8 Robert Hägg - 5 Phil Myers

37 Brian Elliott
[34 Alex Lyon]

PP1: Giroux, Couturier, Allison, Voracek, Provorov
PP2: Hayes, Farabee, JVR, Konecny, Sanheim

Scratches: 55 Samuel Morin (healthy), 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel (healthy), 53 Shayne Gostisbehere (MCL sprain, out 7-10 days from April 25), 79 Carter Hart (knee sprain).

Injured reserve: 48 Morgan Frost (shoulder surgery), 58 Tanner Laczynski (hip surgery).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

DEVILS

11 Andreas Johnsson - 86 Jack Hughes - 17 Yegor Sharangovich
37 Pavel Zacha - 13 Nico Hischier - 63 Jesper Bratt
59 Janne Kuokkanen- 90 Jesper Boqvist - 39 Nick Merkley
44 Miles Wood - 20 Michael McLeod - 14 Nathan Bastian

22 Ryan Murray - 28 Damon Severson
8 Will Butcher - 5 Connor Carrick
2 Colton White - 7 Matt Tennyson

29 Mackenzie Blackwood
41 Scott Wedgewood

PP1: Hischier, Zacha, Hughes Merkley, Butcher
PP2: Jesper Bratt, Studenic/Kuokkanen, Sharangovich, Wood, Severson

Scratches: 67 Marian Studenic (healthy), 71 Jonas Siegenthaler (healthy), 23 Mikhail Maltsev (healthy), 47 Aaron Dell (healthy).

Injured reserve: 24 Ty Smith (upper body, doubtful).

COVID-19 protocol: 76 P.K. Subban (day-to-day).

It seems the Flyers are always suffering these injuries. However it seems, all teams are going through this. These athletes today feel compelled to be in unreal condition, which they are, which is commendable. Unfortunately it leads to core injuries, which are a result of being wound too tight and dehydration. Without fat, the body burns muscle fibre which leads to these hip flexor and hernia issues. Back in the day when guys ate steak and drank beer they played full seasons and playoffs without these types of injuries. Todays players are obviously faster and fitter, but way less durable.

• Like 1

This year has been awful as a Flyer fan. But imagine being a Devils fan, and watching them basically do this, only worse, for a decade. 

You could say at least they've got 1st overall a couple times, and it's true. But they don't seem to get any better with them.

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

So in addition to drafting guys that arent really that good, the Flyers draft guys who cant stay healthy?

This kid is a keeper i like him already better than the Charmin twins.

• Haha 1

Just got home and my son told me the Flyers had a 4 minute PP against the historically worst PK ever in the NHL and didn’t even get a single shot on goal. I just replied, “welcome to Flyers hockey son”

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Just got home and my son told me the Flyers had a 4 minute PP against the historically worst PK ever in the NHL and didn’t even get a single shot on goal. I just replied, “welcome to Flyers hockey son”

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

i was listening to some moron on youtube saying we are worse if we dont resign giroux like we are bad team right now with him, how is losing him the worst thing for the franchise? i dont know if you watch baseball but remember when he got rid of scott rollen and this team took off,  like if they get rid of giroux, it probably be the best thing for this franchise because having vet forwards is pushing these younger hungrier forwards back. we need a new direction not keeping the same problems.

trade or release the vet bums, they are the root of our problems.

Edited by tucson83

52 minutes ago, Samifan said:

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

You should add..."Remember son, the idea on the power play is to score goals". "You do that by shooting the puck". "Let's watch how another NHL team does it".

11 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You should add..."Remember son, the idea on the power play is to score goals". "You do that by shooting the puck". "Let's watch how another NHL team does it".

He’s a hockey player so he was actually laughing when he told me!

• Haha 1