Amazing Flyers stat

JackStraw

No, I'm not referring to the zero (0) giveaways committed by the Flyers last night (although that's pretty amazing). I'm referring to the fact that since the week off they had a little while ago, the Flyers are 3-2. That's right, an actual winning record.

As rad would say, "true story".

• Like 1

No, I'm not referring to the zero (0) giveaways committed by the Flyers last night (although that's pretty amazing). I'm referring to the fact that since the week off they had a little while ago, the Flyers are 3-2. That's right, an actual winning record.

Now don't try and change the" whoa is me" attitude by posting something positive....Many are happy in their posting misery.... :ph34r:

But but but, Berube is terrible! I know more about the sport despite never making it to even major juniors or equivalent. The Flyers should have been skating the whole weekend instead of going to the Eagles game. Fire all the things! The sky is falling, panic, destruction, doom, armageddon!

• Like 1

They've actually scored more than two goals in a game, too! Once.

True story! :ph34r:

3-2 is better than not, but barely beating a Devils team missing two Top 6 forwards and with a #1 scoring threat of Jaromir Jagr and edging a Rangers team missing their captain and playing a first-time goalie (and still scoring a massive three total goals) isn't really something to write home about. Especially when on the flip side, they got blown out by Washington and gave up a 2-0 lead at home against Vancouver.

Truthfully, they have a good chance at going 3-0 over the next three (Carolina, New Jersey, Edmonton). And the rest of November looks good with a pair of Winnipeg and Ottawa, Islanders and Florida again, Buffalo... Only two real potential "problem" games against Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay.

If there's an opportunity to "right the ship" - this is it. Go grab it. 10-2 and they're back in it!

Then we can start talking about what a hockey genius Berube is and how this team really does have all the parts to make a playoff run.

Dude....you need to stop with that crap I was just getting used to being miserable.

....with Marty Brodeur in net.....and he is still one of the best tenders in the league even at his age.

Yeah, and they got a nice tip in front to get around him. Once. And they killed off two bad penalties in the third - but, again, against a team that was missing 1/2 it's power play weapons.

Happy for the win. Two points is two points.

Now saddle up and get this wagon train moving in the right direction with what should be a pretty good chance to win in November.

But it's gonna take more than 2 goals a game to do it.

It's gonna take a new roster and a new strategy rad...

Beating a bad devils team that was missing a few key guys is great. Does it make them a contender? Ah no... Hope to be wrong here but pretty sure they still can't score more than 1 or 2 a game. When Gill was your best dman things are not that good.

2 points is great and I hope to god they right the ship but some of you must be seeing something different than I am... The mistakes are still there! They can turn it around but I have not seen anything that makes me believe they are even going to sniff the playoffs.

They have a chance to grab some points this coming week but sooner or later you are going to have to get points against a good team... Not the Oilers, hurricanes or Devils... Beating these teams is great buy will not get you to the playoffs.

Edited by murraycraven

It's gonna take a new roster and a new strategy rad...

Beating a bad devils team that was missing a few key guys is great. Does it make them a contender? Ah no... Hope to be wrong here but pretty sure they still can't score more than 1 or 2 a game. When Gill was your best dman things are not that good.

2 points is great and I hope to god they right the ship but some of you must be seeing something different than I am... The mistakes are still there! They can turn it around but I have not seen anything that makes me believe they are even going to sniff the playoffs.

They have a chance to grab some points this coming week but sooner or later you are going to have to get points against a good team... Not the Oilers, hurricanes or Devils... Beating these teams is great buy will not get you to the playoffs.

Beating those teams is essential if you want to make the playoffs.

Check out the thread I just started - they can make a significant change in position just  by beating on bad teams.